Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8352 (Dress)

Reviewed by:rivergum

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
Available for sale on PR: $8.96 $11.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $8.96 $11.95 Pattern Details
michellela said... (4/3/15 9:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I haven't yet had the confidence to change the placement of a zip to the side rather than back but when I do I'll use your upside down tip, genius.
avatrx said... (6/2/11 8:50 AM) Reply
This is the style dress I've been looking for! I'm 5'10" and would wear this with flat sandals. Lightweight linen hopefully. I wish it would give the bottom diameter. maybe on the burda site?
zaubera said... (3/17/10 12:56 PM) Reply
thanks so much for your review. I just bought this pattern and was reading through the less-than ample instructions (and they are in German...) and getting a bit overwhelmed. I do have some questions, if you have any time. I love your idea of bias-facings instead of lining the whole dress (less fabric and quicker, right!) and was wondering about the interfacing? I am sure that I see something about interfacing for the lining pieces, but there are no pattern pieces for it (argh) which means figuring it out myself. I already have to add my own seam allowance though and don't relish the thought. So anyway, I am assuming that since you didn't line the dress, you also didn't add any interfacing. Is the interfacing necessary? Anyway, thanks for a wonderful review!
Lunchbucket said... (1/12/09 5:51 PM) Reply
All 3 dresses are very pretty on you. I think it looks best belted too. I like your use of the bias binding for the facings, think I'll try it next time. Thanks for sharing!
Rosebeee said... (1/12/09 11:09 AM) Reply
I love the lines on that dress! Great fabric choices, they look wonderful!
Grammy Gin said... (1/12/09 9:37 AM) Reply
Very flattering! Such a pretty color for you. The belt does do something for the dress. You look lovely! Great review w/good tips. Thanks
Danvillegirl said... (1/12/09 6:39 AM) Reply
Lovely, cool looking dresses for the heat!
Christas said... (1/12/09 0:56 AM) Reply
Great review! Your dress looks lovely!
lynny said... (1/12/09 0:27 AM) Reply
All 3 versions looks great on you, the belt, as Schnauzer says, enhances the style.
renren said... (1/11/09 9:24 PM) Reply
I've admired the dress shortly after you posted the review, so I must tell you I think it is lovely. I especially love the richness of the blues.
Gelbean said... (1/11/09 6:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I like it with the belt. It looks great on you.
Vonnevo said... (1/11/09 4:52 PM) Reply
Lovely dress ! It suits you beautifully. Thanks for sharing :)
Schnauzer said... (1/11/09 4:46 PM) Reply
Very nice! The belt definitely enhances the style. You look lovely in it.
Izzie said... (1/11/09 4:20 PM) Reply
Pretty dress and great review. I really wanted to like it better without the belt, but I agree with you that it looks better with one....I think it would look okay with flats though. Thanks for the tip about putting the zip in upside down in the side seam..great idea!

StyleArc Fiona Knit Top