Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Mission Jacket & Tank (Mission Jacket & Tank)

Reviewed by:Harriet Rogers

About Harriet Rogersstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 9/13/02
Posted on:10/13/03 10:17 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Harriet Rogers said... (11/28/08 10:03 AM) Reply
Cheryl: binding might work. What I would do is try a sample: but a piece of binding on a vertical strip of fabric that is attached to another vertical strip and then, after binding is on, turn at the seamed edge (which would be the collar front on the garment). As I'm typing this, I'm trying to picture, and I'm having a hard time! Good luck.
cherylannrubenstein said... (11/27/08 2:40 AM) Reply
I have not made this yet, but while reading the pattern I was concerned with how the collar and hem were finished. Thanks for noting this. I wonder if this could be solved by using a (thin) bias binding?
Harriet Rogers said... (12/18/05 8:31 PM) Reply
Wow! How weird it is that some PR members are seeing this review for the first time: it seems so long ago that I made this top! Georgene, I did not duplicate this in the light orange, but I haven't made anything in that fabric yet (I've now had the fabric for over 4 years), but your comment reminded me that I did have a real plan for it. Stay tuned!!!
GorgeousFabrics said... (12/17/05 9:54 AM) Reply
Ooooh, Harriet, that is just beautiful! Thanks for the warning about the pattern pieces. -Ann
Georgene said... (12/17/05 8:48 AM) Reply
How did I miss this? It looks very elegant. Did you ever make up the light orange fabric? I'd love to see the photos.
Diane in MD said... (4/11/05 5:23 PM) Reply
very helpful, I can't wait to get started.
jlg said... (10/13/03 5:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Harriet. Your jacket is very pretty.
Diane E said... (10/13/03 12:36 PM) Reply
Harriet, I think your jacket is lovely and that your idea for the collar hem is terrific. On mine, I just let the hem show on the front, but if I do it again, I'll use your method. Thanks. Also, you're right about how the jacket hangs longer in the back. Your attention to detail is commendable!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS