Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5835 (Sleeping Beauty)

Reviewed by:Alana Robson

About Alana Robsonstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 4/1/02
Posted on:10/13/03 12:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes    Kids(boys & girls)
kcmunchkin said... (8/27/08 9:55 PM) Reply
Too funny! Thanks for your review. My 3.5 year old also has stated her Princess Aurora dress must be BLUE, not pink, because that is the color of her dress at the end when Prince Philip kisses her. I was trying to decide between this pattern and 9834 and thanks to your review will be making this one. Must be completed in time for our surprise trip to Disney World in Oct!
mamakooz said... (7/27/04 10:48 PM) Reply
WONDERFUL STORY AND BEAUTIFUL DRESS. I, TOO WAS PLEASED TO SEE SIMPLICITY PRINCESS PATTERNS. I WILL HAVE AN ARIEL (MERMAID) AND BELLE THIS HALLOWEEN. THE GIRLS ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT FABRIC FOR THEIR COSTUMES
Kim Winson said... (10/25/03 4:09 PM) Reply
Alana, thank you for the wonderful review. I agree with Briar Rose--it does look better in blue. The costume looks terrific!
sewgirl said... (10/17/03 3:45 PM) Reply
Adorable!! I had a similar issue with a (not costume) simplicity girl's dress. Somehow, te manufacturer doesn't seem to realise that on little girls, the waist measurement is equal to, or GREATER THAN the chest measurements. Unlike adult princesses where it's the reverse. Anybody else had that problem?
JDpenelope said... (10/14/03 7:58 AM) Reply
Beautiful job, fun review! What next? There are so many Disney characters and DVD's, "each one is a masterpiece," as my son says. (I detect a tinge of sarcasm.) Wish I had your talent, my granddaughters would love your creation.
Pam Z said... (10/14/03 2:29 AM) Reply
Lovely costume. Great review :)
Jennie Pakula said... (10/13/03 9:47 PM) Reply
Lovely and a great job- isn't is wonderful being able to do it yourself! I love your daughter's name - and very appropriate given the 'briars' surrounding Sleeping Beauty's tower!
Mollykat said... (10/13/03 7:37 PM) Reply
Entertaining story teller! disney would even agree that your creation is the real thing. Your dd reminds me of my dd a few years ago. She now raids my scrap bag and invents the costumes herself...
Lisette said... (10/13/03 6:01 PM) Reply
I am a believer of staying true to the "real versions" in the movies, so I've never liked the commercial versions. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney we have it at home because of me (I have two boys). Wonderful review, beautiful dress.
monahan said... (10/13/03 2:52 PM) Reply
Great review.
Debbie Spriggs said... (10/13/03 1:37 PM) Reply
This is a gown any little princess would be fortunate to wear! I love a story with a happy ending!
Jeanine said... (10/13/03 1:16 PM) Reply
What an enchanting tale! The dress is enchanting as well. Nice job.

Kwik Sew 3385