Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2880 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:shelyH

About shelyHstar
CO USA
Member since: 10/17/07
Posted on:1/13/09 2:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

canyonlady67 said... (6/16/10 2:30 PM) Reply
I also had trouble with the shoulders...when you said "I ended up tacking those down" what exactly did you do? I've been trying to come up with something, but may just leave them sort of hanging there.
bluecatlady said... (2/21/09 0:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review of this pattern. I'm concidering sewing it for myself!!
cindyann said... (1/14/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Lovely! I made a Vogue dress very similar to this one, so I know how much work you put into this. Bravo!
Dmd4106 said... (1/14/09 6:18 AM) Reply
Great dress and your a dear friend for making it. Your friend looks stunning! Congrats on posting your first review. I'm working on my first posting and trust me when I say my " T" will pale in comparision. :)
Ody said... (1/13/09 10:36 PM) Reply
I thought how nice this young girl was making a prom dress. My little girl said, no mom, I think she is a "MOM!" Well, that dress sure makes you look young and gorgeous! Great job!
Amanda S. said... (1/13/09 7:57 PM) Reply
This looks beautiful. I've loved this pattern since it came out. Wish I had somewhere to wear it. Great job!
shelyH said... (1/13/09 5:51 PM) Reply
Thanks for your kind words!!!! I have been lurking here quite a while, and deciding to plunge in. I have some more reviews I am going to write now :) dbsewer, the foundation bodice has 8 pieces total, so the first fit with fashion fabric worked as a muslin; I had left large seam allowances for this reason. I did the first fitting with just the bodice and transferred all those markings. It was hard to know how the shoulders will fit until the end though, at least it was for me! Next time, I would just shorten the length to begin with :)
Meggie LuLu said... (1/13/09 5:19 PM) Reply
This dress is just STUNNING!! You did such a nice job on the dress!! I'm sure your friend LOVED it!! It is quite flattering on her!!
shelyH said... (1/13/09 5:02 PM) Reply
keelyb1 said... (1/13/09 4:24 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress! I've had the same thing happen to me when doing a rolled edge on a bias (and I solved it the same way too.) Your friend looks very happy with this dress. Well done.
shelyH said... (1/13/09 4:11 PM) Reply
lilyofthevalley said... (1/13/09 3:36 PM) Reply
You've constructed this beautiful dress very nicely and made all the necessary adaptations along the way - they're not at all ghetto. You are quite correct that this design provides curve to a rectangular shaped woman; your friend looks smashing. -Lil
Annette1 said... (1/13/09 3:33 PM) Reply
This was a LOT of work, and I can see that your friend is THRILLED with it. It's just beautiful, and so is she IN it! BRAVO! And congratulations on your first review. :o)
dbsewer said... (1/13/09 2:50 PM) Reply
Wow, what a beautiful dress, and what a great job you did. Your friend looks vavoom in this. Did you fit the top with a muslin first? That might have saved you some steps. But hey, look how awesome this turned out.

By Hand London Polly Top