Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1266 (Misses' Coat)

Reviewed by:digs57

About digs57star
Member since: 11/1/07
Posted on:1/19/09 12:46 PM
Last Updated:1/19/09 9:55 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 37 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
Hilary said... (12/20/10 2:17 PM) Reply
Unbelievable. Your coat is amazing, beautiful, functional and luxurious all at the same time. I can't believe you rate yourself only intermediate, lol! What a gorgeous coat in every way and thank you for taking the time to detail your work-enjoy your warm coat!
Keiki said... (11/18/09 9:26 PM) Reply
You did an absolutely beautiful job on your coat! The pictures are quite helpful, but I'd love to have more details on your alterations, i.e. front seam pockets and box pleat in the back. The fur color to match your hat is very chic! Excellent review and lovely work on the coat :-)
Vintage Joan said... (7/13/09 10:57 PM) Reply
Very beautiful coat -- excellent review. :)
Lana E said... (6/13/09 5:15 PM) Reply
Wow, I'm in awwwwe.That coat is just beautiful! I wish I still lived where it snowed!
Jennifer shaw said... (5/25/09 8:14 PM) Reply
Wow, your coat is gorgeous!!! Thank you for the wonderful review.
Rita K said... (4/7/09 9:35 PM) Reply
Fantastic review & Fabulous workmanship. Thank you! I've had this pattern since 1993 - I love the classic styling. It's nice to know it's such a great pattern that makes up well.
busy bee said... (1/23/09 9:36 PM) Reply
Great job, Digs. Three coats in the sew-along, right? You are such an overachiever!
ndesimon said... (1/20/09 9:39 PM) Reply
Catbird said... (1/20/09 8:05 PM) Reply
This is outstanding! I love every inch of it. I also have this pattern and hope to make something of it someday, so thank you for the excellent review!
Jan B. said... (1/20/09 10:11 AM) Reply
Wow! Absolutely stunning. I love everything about this coat. Great job--wear it with pride.
Modiste Madness said... (1/20/09 8:59 AM) Reply
Fine job of sewing and striking too.
Nancy K said... (1/20/09 8:32 AM) Reply
Fabulous! This fits you beautifully and it is elegance in the face of frigid cold. I am sure that you will enjoy this for many years to come.
Danvillegirl said... (1/20/09 6:43 AM) Reply
Excellent job! Love the lining
crystalwoods said... (1/20/09 2:50 AM) Reply
What a fabulous coat! Your creative use of fabric (especially the lining) makes it unique and very classy looking! Thanks for all the detail in your review.
QuiltersFan said... (1/20/09 1:09 AM) Reply
Amazing. Great review. Beautiful coat.
Athene said... (1/20/09 1:00 AM) Reply
A very beautiful coat due to all your fine detailing. I love everything about it - but my favorite part is the back box pleat. Your review and photos were my sewing eye candy for the evening.
patsijean said... (1/20/09 0:33 AM) Reply
Georgous coat.
Kaitlinnegan said... (1/20/09 0:27 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for your review - the coat looks fab! I have this pattern in the stash..maybe if I start now I can have a coat for next winter. ;)
bluenines said... (1/20/09 0:15 AM) Reply
beautiful coat, you did a wonderful job! thank for a great review, I love the linning fabric that you used. this is the pattern that i will be making my dream coat out of,I have the fabric bought and the pattern , now all i need is the time to make it enjoy your beautiful and very warm coat!
Elona said... (1/19/09 11:37 PM) Reply
What a beautiful, beautiful, classic coat!
Tiner W said... (1/19/09 11:26 PM) Reply
Absolutely stunning! Impressive work!
Annette1 said... (1/19/09 11:12 PM) Reply
This coat is a work of art! ALL of your special touches, your EXPERT fitting, your WELL THOUGHT-OUT designs, are absolutely PERFECT. I've had this pattern for MANY years. The fact that it's STILL in the pattern books is a testament to its classic styling and overall design appeal. I LOVE your coat. :o)
Dee2 said... (1/19/09 11:11 PM) Reply
What a wonderful review & gorgeous coat!!! Thanks much.
Diana M said... (1/19/09 10:19 PM) Reply
Wonderful review for a magnificent coat!!! Bravo is right on!!!
Kay Y said... (1/19/09 10:12 PM) Reply
Now that I can see the pictures, bravo!! This looks marvelous.
Kay Y said... (1/19/09 7:44 PM) Reply
Whew! I missed this because it has no thumbnail - Please Digs, show us the coat!!!! I'm especially keen to see the beautiful lining in situ, and the piping, and, well, all the details.
AuntieShel said... (1/19/09 1:40 PM) Reply
Your coat sounds absolutely fabulous, and from the muslin photos looks it as well. Would love to see the finished product. Know what you mean about strong-arming it through the machine!!

by: sew silly