Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4153

UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 4/28/02
Posted on:10/19/03 10:56 AM

victoriaj said... (5/5/04 11:38 AM) Reply
I recently made this skirt from a gray micro-fiber that looks like a fake micro-suede. It's a perfect sassy fall/winter skirt to wear to work. You definitely need some fabric with a weighty drape so that the flounce in front swings properly. Luckily the pattern fit me very well through the waist/hips area, so the skirt ended up looking great. The pattern layout was a bit tricky because the pieces are so wide. The assembly was a bit confusing also, but I eventually figured it out. The only tricky part to the actual sewing was getting the corner point on the front to lay flat without puckers. I may make this skirt again in a summer fabric.
Shona said... (10/19/03 8:40 PM) Reply
Sorry to hear the pattern didn't work for you. I think it looks good on you. Since sythetic suede and denim are recommended fabrics, your fabric comments are very helpful.
Judy Williment said... (10/19/03 4:30 PM) Reply
I'm sorry this didn't work for you, but if you hadn't reviewed it, I'd have missed it on the website! I like it, and thanks to your fabric comments, I think it's just what I'm looking for. Better luck with your next project.

Understanding Knit Fabrics