Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5314 (MISSES' WRAP DRESSES)

Reviewed by:lizziwhizz

About lizziwhizzstarstar
Member since: 4/22/07
Posted on:1/20/09 6:13 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

fryman said... (1/22/09 3:52 PM) Reply
If you really like wrap dresses, I think a Vogue has earned very high marks in that category and my still be in the books. Sorry you're unhappy w/this dress - I know the feeling.
nglalala said... (1/21/09 7:22 PM) Reply
The yellow is really pretty and so is the dress! The cami is a great suggestion!
sewtime said... (1/21/09 6:13 PM) Reply
So pretty and soft looking!
annie11 said... (1/21/09 11:29 AM) Reply
Your dress is so pretty on the form, that I hope you can figure out a solution. I'm half a foot taller than you and also have problems with wrap garments made with woven fabrics. I agree with the suggestion to try wearing a cami underneath and see if you feel more comfortable in it. You might also be able to sew some clear elastic into the front edges to snug it up a bit.
Stephenie said... (1/21/09 9:41 AM) Reply
This turned out so pretty in the yellow fabric. Too bad it didn't work for you. :( I have this pattern and have always wanted to sew it I'm wondering if it's just going to be a waste of a lot of fabric, as I'm only 5'4"?? Thanks for the heads up!
MamaSewing said... (1/20/09 10:29 PM) Reply
The dress really does look pretty. Maybe you could attach a hidden snap or velcro to keep the top closed.
Christas said... (1/20/09 8:38 PM) Reply
What a pretty color and your sewing looks so perfect. Wish it would have worked out for you.
Riesie said... (1/20/09 7:18 PM) Reply
It's a lovely dress, but I'm thinking it's probably a LOT of skirt for a petite gal. Maybe you'd like it better if you narrowed the skirt some?
Jacqui315 said... (1/20/09 6:20 PM) Reply
I really like the way your dress turned out, especially in the yellow. It's too bad it didn't work out for you. Do you think you could wear a cami underneath?