Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3628 (Jackets/Blazers (Threads))

Reviewed by:Heidi Ho

About Heidi Hostar
Member since: 2/2/08
Posted on:1/21/09 11:28 PM
Last Updated:1/21/09 11:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
kristinlala said... (3/29/10 11:24 AM) Reply
Wow- great job! I am looking at patterns I want since they are on sale at HL this week- and I LOVE yours....soooo nice. Maybe I'll buy it for the future so I can learn how to do the pockets, etc! :) Awesome job!
CrescentaLuna said... (1/24/09 10:33 PM) Reply
SHARP JACKET, lady! The pockets are excellent and I do hear ya, jackets without pockets - meh! A real, lined, tailored jacket is my personal Mt. Everest -- never attempted yet, I am so impressed by yours.
Stitchcakes said... (1/23/09 4:25 PM) Reply
Really cute and better than the envelope! Fits beautifully.
Mahogany Stylist said... (1/23/09 4:06 PM) Reply
Beautifully done. Great looking jacket and great review.
persevering said... (1/22/09 11:58 PM) Reply
Your response with additional information is very much appreciated! :)
Heidi Ho said... (1/22/09 11:50 PM) Reply
Thank all of you for your nice comments, it really makes me feel good and glad that I hung in there to finish this jacket!
Heidi Ho said... (1/22/09 11:48 PM) Reply
Persevering, I used a size 10 pattern even though my measurements are closer to a 12. Though the fit looks good, from a comfort standpoint it binds a bit on me through the upper arms and shoulder though I don't think it looks tight..who can figure.
persevering said... (1/22/09 11:28 PM) Reply
Can you please add what size pattern you used (as that would be most helpful as we may share some measurements)?
persevering said... (1/22/09 11:23 PM) Reply
Thank you for your great review. The fit and style look superb on you!
Sew Shy said... (1/22/09 11:07 PM) Reply
I made this pattern recently and love it! Definitely a wardrobe builder. Yours looks great, and I said aloud to my hubby when I saw yours "she put pockets in!!". Thanks for the great review and the clear pictures.
ALY said... (1/22/09 6:20 PM) Reply
I think the fit is suberb. It shows off your great figure. The next jacket you make will be easier because of all the "learnings" you had with this one.
Luckylibbet said... (1/22/09 12:45 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket to go with the trousers - thought I recognized them! So glad you were able to overcome your problems, as the jacket is tremendously flattering. Esp love the pocket!
mastdenman said... (1/22/09 10:31 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket. I feel your pain with the fusible too. I will never, ever again use a fusible on a nice fabric.
Ronda Rae said... (1/22/09 9:57 AM) Reply
Great jacket! Thank you so much for the link to bagging a lining. I was just wondering yesterday about this technique and wanted to try it. You are a mind reader! lol Ronda
KrystalL said... (1/22/09 8:49 AM) Reply
Nice review. Great looking jacket!
jent said... (1/22/09 8:16 AM) Reply
The fit of this jacket on you is exceptional. It looks fantastic!
Heatherrique said... (1/22/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Fabulous looking jacket! Superb and flattering fit! I'm glad that you found the solution to the interfacing problem. It took me years to switch over to fusible interfacing because I always have preferred the sew-in ones! Yup, there are still uses for the sew-ins!
jlg said... (1/22/09 5:31 AM) Reply
The jacket turned out beautiful. Great job of fitting.
renren said... (1/22/09 0:27 AM) Reply
You have made a beautiful jacket to go with your wonderful Burda pants and the top you reviewed earlier today! Everything is just gorgeous!
Christas said... (1/22/09 0:22 AM) Reply
This looks perfect! The fit and everything is wonderful! You did a great job. EXCELLENT review!
Annette1 said... (1/21/09 11:55 PM) Reply
What a great review, not to mention the jacket! It's PERFECTLY fitted. I FEEL YOUR PAIN with the fusible interfacing problem. I've done EXACTLY the same thing you did before. I will say, though, the BEST fusible interfacing I've EVER used comes from Pamela Erny (I hope I'm spelling her last name correctly), which you can get at this site, should you ever wish to: http://sewexciting.blogspot.com/ In the meantime, though, we'll be looking forward to your next FABULOUS jacket! :o)

Favorite Things The Frayed Jacket Pattern