Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2006-125 (Maternity top)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 11/26/06
Posted on:3/7/09 9:14 AM

Sweater knit fabrics

Katharine in BXL said... (2/20/11 9:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for the side view, it really helps! Nice how it curves gnetly under the belly rather than 'falling off a slope'. It will cover a maternity panel admirably. You and Tini both look good in this with your twin pregnancies. For my singleton even at 40wks this pattern looked like a deflated airbag on me. Wretched. This time I should get bigger since it's a second pg, so I might give it another go but still make it smaller over the bump so it might be wearable at some point during my pg.
MelissaB in WA said... (3/27/09 0:09 AM) Reply
Look how adorable you look - I love your shirt too!
Judy Williment said... (3/11/09 6:43 AM) Reply
Hehehe - take it from me, you'll need every bit of extra room in that top! I only made it to 33 weeks before my twins decided to put in an appearance, and I was as big as if I was 48 weeks pregnant! I did maternity additions to maternity patterns and like you, was SOOOOOO glad that I sew! Good luck :-)
Grammy Gin said... (3/8/09 11:47 AM) Reply
Congratulations & best wishes for you & your sweet little ones to be! Love your top & fabric choice. You look great!!!
Sigrid. said... (3/8/09 10:54 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your pregnancy, you look wonderful. Very cute top (and great observation on the neckline of BWOF patterns!)
shesflipped said... (3/8/09 7:32 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your twins! You look so happy and healthy! Your top is super cute, and I suspect you are right on appreciating that it's a little long right now!
pterion said... (3/8/09 1:20 AM) Reply
Eve, you are radiant! I think the top looks terrific on you. Congratulations on the twins!
EveS said... (3/7/09 9:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for all of your incredibly kind comments! You are all TOO nice! xoxo!!! It's so fabulous to be sewing again, even if it's only temporary pieces. This is actually my first maternity pattern this go-around since I had plenty of clothes from my last pregnancy. I'm kinda feeling the itch to make a few more things, tho! Thanks for the motivation, guys! Someday I, too, will be sewing things with SHAPE again! lol.
rosannec said... (3/7/09 9:10 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this pattern! Congratulations on the twins! The shirt & dress are on my list to sew - I'm due in July. Have you done any other maternity patterns yet?
sewcrazy53 said... (3/7/09 8:39 PM) Reply
Congrats on the upcoming babies. Good luck with them. I hope they are on time, and not early. Cute top!!
Karla Kizer said... (3/7/09 7:43 PM) Reply
Sew fast, Eve, while you can still reach the machine.... It's a great top - unlike those circus tents we had to wear 30 years ago. It - and you - look fabulous (and yes, you still glow.)
mhk3boys said... (3/7/09 6:57 PM) Reply
Wow! You look so great and your shirt is awesome!
carolynw said... (3/7/09 5:00 PM) Reply
You look wonderful in your top also healthy and glowing and happy. Best of everything with the babies!!
nancy2001 said... (3/7/09 4:58 PM) Reply
Congratulations on the babies. Your new top looks great.
Kellie R. said... (3/7/09 4:57 PM) Reply
You are looking so well!!!!! If it makes you feel better, when I was 27 weeks when we were on vacation, a lady commented "Must be due any time now." Me: "No." Lady: "Oh, are you expecting twins?" Me. "No, I'm just very BIG." lol Anyway, your top is just lovely-great colors that look fabulous on you. I'm impressed that you have the energy to sew! Congratulations !
Karen6790 said... (3/7/09 3:57 PM) Reply
Wow, congrats - a new condition to sew for and soon some new little people to sew for! Great top, BTW, and you look very happy.
Annette1 said... (3/7/09 1:32 PM) Reply
You remind me of a girl I work with. She was the PRETTIEST pregnant mom I've EVER seen, and so are you! I remember when I'd see her walking down the hall (her oldest daughter now has a baby of her own, so this was a while ago), I'd think, she REALLY does just GLOW, and so do you! This is such a cute top, and it won't be long, as you say, that you'll be glad for that little extra length in the front. I think it looks great NOW. CONGRATULATIONS, you little OVER-ACHIEVER, you! :o)
Dynamo said... (3/7/09 1:28 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Oh .. and nice top, LOL.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/7/09 12:36 PM) Reply
Eve, like Meggie, I think you look beautifully pregnant, with a full Glow, in your pretty top. As the sister of identical twin boys, I hope your little guys bring as much delight into your family, as ours did to us. And yes, you'll need some of the same in lighter weight fabric for April and May. Getting very excited for you, Lily
Leora said... (3/7/09 12:33 PM) Reply
You've got a little tweaking to do in the shoulders, but otherwise... pump these out and get a bunch more sewn up!! You look great :)
Luckylibbet said... (3/7/09 12:30 PM) Reply
Very stylish - I do hope you are able to sew a couple more. Congrats on the twins!
Bonnie O said... (3/7/09 11:25 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your babies!!! How very exciting. You look fantastic!
Heatherrique said... (3/7/09 11:19 AM) Reply
Eve, you're still one gorgeous mama! Very stylish top! Congratulations on the new additions to your family!
cindy-lou said... (3/7/09 10:33 AM) Reply
Hi Kilimanjaro girl... you are the CUTEST PREGNANT LADY!!! :) I love your top, and it's so good to see your smiling happy face on the review pages!! (great review, too!)-- I'm always thinking of you-- XOXO
Vintage Joan said... (3/7/09 10:11 AM) Reply
Nice top! Pretty fabric! Congratulations X 2!! :)
AnneMarie60 said... (3/7/09 10:00 AM) Reply
How exciting! Twins! How wonderful. I like the fabric. Your top looks comfortable and stylish. You look great!
Amanda S. said... (3/7/09 9:51 AM) Reply
This pattern is SO CUTE! I wish I had it. I guess they must put out maternity patterns about once a year? I got some in last August's issue. Anyway, sorry you didn't get the fit you desired. I'm sure it will in a month or so. Congrats on your twins!
Meggie LuLu said... (3/7/09 9:20 AM) Reply
Eve, 1st you look FANTASTIC in your maternity top with that pregnant "glow", 2nd I LOVE the fabric you chose, it looks FABULOUS on you, and 3rd CONGRATS on the twins!!
mastdenman said... (3/7/09 9:19 AM) Reply
I really like the top BTW you look great. Do make it up in another fabric. You really do look good in the top. And again congratulations.
Christas said... (3/7/09 9:19 AM) Reply
Well, I wondered where you were! Congrats on the BABIES! That is so exciting and you look great in your new top!

by: Berniejh