Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3120

Posted on:10/19/03 12:10 PM
Last Updated:4/6/04 8:00 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
amyf said... (4/8/04 1:14 PM) Reply
Adding to my wishlist. The envelope photo seems to indicate a rather wide neckline, but I'm glad to see you can adjust it.
Debbie Spriggs said... (4/6/04 8:49 PM) Reply
Cute top! I started to add this pattern to my wish list, then discovered that it's already there. I'll be getting this one asap. Thanks for reminding me!
Mini said... (4/6/04 8:13 PM) Reply
Pene;ope, I think raglan sleeves tops are the easiest of all to alter-just think of the raglan seams as 4 big darts that you can adjust to fit. The trick is to do a basted fitting of the raglan seams before sewing the final seams and doing the neck finish. Also, if your bust is large, it helps choose a Kwik Sew pattern by your upper chest size to avoid an oversized neck opening. Kwik Sew drafts their shoulders and neck openings VERY wide, at least in larger sizes. (My bust should make me a KS XL, but I use a Medium for the neck.)
Hilary said... (4/6/04 8:10 PM) Reply
I just added this pattern to my stash. Thanks for the hints on fit~I too have smaller shoulder/neck area and appreciate your tips! I will plan on pin fitting before cutting now.
JDpenelope said... (10/21/03 10:48 PM) Reply
Looking forward to pic. Was wanting to make a raglan sleeve top, but your review is a caution, as I am not so good at altering to fit.

Violette Field Threads Stella