Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Victoria Jones Collection> 210 (Hawaiian Classics: Aloha Shirt)

Reviewed by:Joey in Katy

Upcycle sewing patterns

The Smuggler's Daughter

Online Fabric Store

caps326 said... (7/2/14 0:28 AM) Reply
I'm having problem with the front band. Don't know why I can't figure it out. Any comments? Carol
Renu Dee said... (12/29/09 9:33 PM) Reply
Thank you for your detailed review. It is greatly appreciated.
donna wicks said... (1/24/09 10:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for doing this review. I was in Hawaii recently and bought this pattern to make a shirt for my husband. I had never heard of these patterns before until I found them in a fabric store in Waikiki. I bought fabric there also for several shirts.
Mufffet said... (1/23/09 10:23 AM) Reply
So - not a Hawaii shirt, but a VERMONT shirt!!!! HAHAHAHHAAA......I love it!
Joey in Katy said... (1/23/09 9:38 AM) Reply
They both are easy to sew, the collar instructions are easier on this one. Since I've done several of these, I've figured out what alterations I need to make it fit me. The Islander shirt fit pretty well out of the box, though. BTW, Leora, this pattern is available on the Victoria Jones website at http://victoriajonescollection.com -- although I got my copy from Ebay.
renren said... (1/23/09 2:18 AM) Reply
This is the 2nd very cool shirt review you have posted recently . . . and they are both great. Again, another pattern company I have not heard of. I think December is the men's clothing contest, and maybe I will be up to trying it after reading your reviews. How do you compare this pattern with the last one you posted as far as ease of sewing and fit?
FreyaStark said... (1/23/09 1:59 AM) Reply
A very distinctive garment. Well done.
Leora said... (1/23/09 1:38 AM) Reply
This has been touted as the most authentic Hawaiian style pattern available, but wouldn't you know every time I go look it is sold out!?! Mayhaps I should look again. Your shirt is great looking, nice fabric!
Heidi Ho said... (1/22/09 11:12 PM) Reply