Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2988 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE JACKET,)

Reviewed by:cindy-lou

Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 28 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Skirts
Sew4Fun said... (4/27/09 3:48 AM) Reply
Great coat, Cindy. I can tell you took your time with this. Nice job. The buttons are lovely too.
Mufffet said... (2/1/09 4:49 PM) Reply
Your first coat? WOW. The details are great on this coat, and of course the RED. :)
carnelian said... (1/30/09 11:49 AM) Reply
Brava! The color, the successful shaping, and the crazy buttons are great. Thanks for sharing your thoughts in such detail. I felt real moral support as I read them.
marjenann said... (1/30/09 8:15 AM) Reply
You really have a winner with the jacket. It is so very flattering on you. Great fabric, pattern and construction!!
Markie1 said... (1/29/09 10:27 PM) Reply
Well, your first coat is BEAUTIFUL! You look wonderful and happy in it. Your review is adorable & helpful. I have this pattern! I have to make it now...
Athene said... (1/29/09 10:23 PM) Reply
Congratulations on making such a fabulous coat - I love everything about it - the fabric, the style, buttons, lining. You look fantastic in it.
Lori V said... (1/29/09 10:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat.
Sharon M said... (1/29/09 6:59 PM) Reply
OH! I LOVE it! It is gorgeous!
cindy-lou said... (1/29/09 6:50 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone!! :) Birgitte, I did not know that... thanks! I feel better about the sleeves now.
Birgitte said... (1/29/09 4:42 PM) Reply
I'm impressed! Your first coat turned out fabulously and you look awesome in it (well, you always do cause you have the most spectacular smile). And as far as the sleeves go: There's a rule about jacket length versus sleeve length; they should never end at the same line cause it will make you look boxy. So, you see? You got it right ;))
AuntieShel said... (1/29/09 4:34 PM) Reply
Wow, your coat is fabulous!! You did a wonderful job and I'm sure you'll get lots of wear from it. You've made me want to look at this pattern again for the striking lines in this coat.
AnneMarie60 said... (1/29/09 4:13 PM) Reply
It's evident that you, with the assistance of your three best friends, created a beautiful masterpiece. I, too, love the angles of this coat--and, of course, the color! Those buttons are the icing on that cake!
Annette1 said... (1/29/09 4:11 PM) Reply
I thoroughly enjoyed your review, and your COAT is just BEAUTIFUL and so are you IN it! All of your details are EXQUISITE. VERY nice. :o)
Heatherrique said... (1/29/09 3:31 PM) Reply
Red is definitely your color, Cindy-Lou! Captivating coat! I actually like the length of your sleeves which adds a certain pizazz! Entertaining and very helpful review!
Re Becca said... (1/29/09 2:33 PM) Reply
That looks fabulous!
JustTrina said... (1/29/09 1:45 PM) Reply
great job! love the coat!
Deepika said... (1/29/09 1:14 PM) Reply
Wow Cindy, the coat is fabulous. You are going to use it a lot! I too hate winter coats because they are too tight. I might have to make this one too. Great review as well!
Nancy K said... (1/29/09 1:03 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat! Buttons are like jewelry and worth every penny. Yours are lovely and look terrific on this coat. You look great in it.
michellep74 said... (1/29/09 12:56 PM) Reply
Gorgeous coat!
Dei said... (1/29/09 12:47 PM) Reply
Fantastic review! I cracked up about the Farrah Fawcett do. I used to try and flip mine like Jane Kennedy. We're dating ourselves. LOL Great coat and the buttons are well worth the expense.
Kellie R. said... (1/29/09 12:10 PM) Reply
Wow Cindy! Your coat is beautiful! I love red and actually have an old red coat that has some moth damage that I'd like to reconstruct. Your coat has inspired me to get moving. I especially like the buttons - your eye for details is superb!
mis_priss said... (1/29/09 11:44 AM) Reply
very nice coat, great job!
nglalala said... (1/29/09 11:39 AM) Reply
Your coat is absolutely amazing! It looks awesome! Great job and great review!
frame said... (1/29/09 11:31 AM) Reply
Love It! Love every bit of it.
CatMukai said... (1/28/09 11:50 PM) Reply
You look great in this! Your review is awesome, too, it has me smiling ; ) Thanks!
Nancywin said... (1/28/09 10:32 PM) Reply
Oh, Cindy! THis turned out so well! You should be very proud of yourself. There's something about making a coat that gives such a sense of accomplishment. I love the red melton and the style really suits you. Wear it with pride!
CynthiaSue said... (1/28/09 9:12 PM) Reply
Wow, guess what for starters this is your shade of red!! Wear it often!! make as much as you can in this color. i have not found my shade of red yet! Those buttons really make the coat as is so often the case. Congratulations on your couture coat. it's lovely.
sewtime said... (1/28/09 6:13 PM) Reply
Wow, fabulous!!! Color, fit and those buttons are fantastic!!!
Ody said... (1/28/09 3:41 PM) Reply
Didn't we have a thread that said men think women look sexier in red?? Cindy Lou---you are a hot mamma now! When I was in my early gorgeous 20's, I had a floor length red double breasted camel hair maxi coat---boy did I think I was the bees knees! Well, anyway, you look fantastic in that coat and your tutorial on your technique is interesting and informative. Today's styles have the shorter sleeves so you look right in fashion I think. Great review and super coat!
Vonnevo said... (1/28/09 3:36 PM) Reply
Cindy, your button choice, coat style and the glorious red colour, are a match made in sewing heaven and it suits you beautifully. Great photo too ! Enjoy wearing your coat on those cold days.
Meredith P said... (1/28/09 2:33 PM) Reply
Great coat! What an accomplishment! You did a great job. And those "shorter" sleeves are all the rage.
Stephenie said... (1/28/09 2:17 PM) Reply
Red is a great color on you! Beautiful work on this coat!!
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/28/09 1:38 PM) Reply
Those buttons *MAKE* that coat!! It is gorgeous and perfect! Red is such an awesome color too!
Karen6790 said... (1/28/09 1:05 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous. The red is fabulous on you, and congrats for using up PR Weekend 2007 fabric already. Bigger congrats for starting - and finishing - a coat.
Flying Seamstress said... (1/28/09 12:58 PM) Reply
FABULOUS!!! Love, love, love the style and the bright red!

No Pattern Used 0000