Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 970 (loose-fitting pant)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:1/25/09 2:57 PM
Last Updated:1/25/09 3:03 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Other Projects by Annette1 using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Miss Fairchild said... (2/3/09 8:28 PM) Reply
Delightful and thorough review! Those pants look fabulous! The tutorial on the pockets is noteworthy, and I'm bookmarking this review. Thank you, BONEHEAD AT THE TOP
Karla Kizer said... (2/1/09 7:38 PM) Reply
I can't decide which I like more: the pants or the review. One of them made me laugh, one didn't. You make the call..... ;-) Congratulations on perseverance and great results.
Nana39 said... (2/1/09 6:10 PM) Reply
Nice pants!!
Heatherrique said... (1/28/09 9:14 AM) Reply
Annette, wow! Your pants are ultra, ultra chic! Superb fit and I adore the fine cut and style that you achieved! I have already bookmarked this! Thanks for another super review!
Grammy Gin said... (1/27/09 10:15 AM) Reply
Very nice fitting! flattering! Great review & pictures as usual. And I TOTALLY AGREE with gatorgirl's comments!!
Karen8320 said... (1/27/09 1:29 AM) Reply
Great work, Annette, and I'm so glad you chose to repeat this Jalie pattern. It's a good comparison for us to see what you do differently. Those pockets are fantastic! I am really impressed by what you've done on this second version. Yes, these are so much better than the pockets on the first version. Well done!
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/26/09 2:06 PM) Reply
Oh, Annette! I absolutely LOVE what you did with the pockets. THANK YOU for putting pictures with the instruction, it HELPS me so much!! I absolutely LOVE your capitalized words for EMPHASIS - I totally GET what you are saying!! You are the BEST!! ; )
Karendee said... (1/26/09 1:54 PM) Reply
Very informative and helpful review, not to mention funny. I feel as if I've had a history, biology, and sewing lesson in one! LOL. The pants are wonderful and I like the leg shape so much better, as I am not a fan of a pegged or tapered pants leg on "non-model" people.
cmarie12 said... (1/26/09 10:05 AM) Reply
You write the best reviews and the pants are looking good too! ;)
Mahler said... (1/26/09 9:55 AM) Reply
Annette, of all the pants you have sewn so far, those are among my facourite. I love the fit... looks like you lost beauty sleep over those ;-)
ITAdmin said... (1/26/09 7:20 AM) Reply
I've looked at both reviews. I'm glad you took time to write the second one because it adds to the first. Very nice pants, too.
Luckylibbet said... (1/25/09 11:19 PM) Reply
Terrific pants! Thanks for all the links to the process. And such a fabulous fit!
Kellie R. said... (1/25/09 9:03 PM) Reply
These are really nice - such a lovely fabric and great fit!
Athene said... (1/25/09 6:03 PM) Reply
A fabulous fit and a fabulous review - thanks for all the info.
Peggy L said... (1/25/09 5:05 PM) Reply
Annette - these really look great on you. Congrats on great fitting pants!
Meggie LuLu said... (1/25/09 4:05 PM) Reply
Annette, BOTH pairs of pants look A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! Please wear BOTH pairs OFTEN!! They fit you so well and they look GREAT!! Thanks for the VERY informative review!!
sewtime said... (1/25/09 3:46 PM) Reply
Annette, WOW, Great fitting pants!!
Vintage Joan said... (1/25/09 3:45 PM) Reply
:D You are a gem. And whoa, you sure give your patterns a workout, but you obviously know what you're doing, because the results are great. This looks like a grrreat jeans pattern.
Christas said... (1/25/09 3:27 PM) Reply
Annette, these are amazing. Your determination has paid off and these look absolutely wonderful. You have shown the reasons why to stick with a pattern and really make it your own. These pants F-I-T !!! They look fantastic and I am so inspired by your sewing! EXCELLENT review!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/25/09 3:24 PM) Reply
Your pants fit beautifully. Your review is packed with fitting tips. They made my head spin a bit, but I'll refer to your experience the next time I make pants. I have sewn several pairs with major fitting problems. I also like the pant style you created with the stove-pipe legs.
Elona said... (1/25/09 3:03 PM) Reply
Man, I think you have the fit thing absolutely nailed! Great job.

SewBaby Double Duty Bag Pattern