Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8509 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:LBH

About LBH
WA USA
Member since: 10/21/08
Posted on:1/26/09 11:21 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Pene said... (1/31/11 7:48 AM) Reply
Hi I have made this dress for myself and for my daughter, its a lovely dress on a hot day or in a heavier fabric with tights and t shirt in the winter. I just top stiched the pleat down in place on the right side of fabric, horizontally. One tip I would like to share is to over lock or zigzag all edges of front and back before you start sewing because its too hard after you have made your pleats.
tracylou said... (3/8/09 6:29 AM) Reply
Hi! I've done this pattern once as is and again -- modified for a tunic with front closure (buttons or hooks/eyes -- haven't decided yet). Anyway -- I thought the pleat intrux was confusing, too. I sewed across half of each pleat (to the seam in the middle) and then the other half separately. Worked out great. have never gotten so many nice compliments about an item of clothing. I used a drapey viscose with a small gray/shite pattern.
Mufffet said... (2/10/09 10:28 AM) Reply
How nice that you can make your mother a really nice dress fitted for her. Thank you for the complete review and the details.

by: lovenicky