Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2008-101 (Cape)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:1/27/09 11:23 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Ariadne said... (5/26/09 4:30 PM) Reply
Agent 99, no question. Now, how does it become Agent Ari, who loves capes and cloaks with an almost unholy passion? The 99-ness comes from the short shape- no elves will try to hump your leg- and the sharp buttons- and no rumply seamlines- it seems like nannies things never quite fit right. And, you look great. So, totally, you, Anne Hathaway, the original- ya'll could go get drinks together at a suave boite.
Kathi R said... (1/31/09 1:28 PM) Reply
Who knew you needed a cape? But now that you have it, I'm sure it will become part of your wardrobe for your secret agent assignment.....or as an extra layer if you go somewhere cold. Nice looking garment thanks for the review.
SueV said... (1/31/09 11:18 AM) Reply
inkstain: I like that: foreign office on assignment.... I think I need a matching cap
inkstain said... (1/30/09 1:38 PM) Reply
I've finished mine but haven't had time to review. Did you line it? I lined mine but had problems cutting out the facing and side pieces. Thanks for getting it out for all of us to see in such a nice colour. I'd said not nanny and too feminine in brown for agent 99, but definitely "Foreign Office" on assignment.
1betsy1 said... (1/29/09 11:44 AM) Reply
Sue, it's beautiful! You look great
mylittleelephant said... (1/29/09 7:35 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, very stylish!
SueV said... (1/28/09 10:21 PM) Reply
sherril... I'm tired of tripping over fabric and need to get rid of it.... so I can buy more!
Sherril Miller said... (1/28/09 6:59 PM) Reply
Yep! Agent 99. She was always so stylish. And Sue, do you think you could slow down a bit. You're sewing like the wind this month and putting the rest of us to shame.
amy in mpls said... (1/28/09 3:30 PM) Reply
Wow, I really love this! Not nanny at all, very sophisticated!
michellep74 said... (1/28/09 1:13 PM) Reply
Definitely Agent 99! You look smashing!
cindy-lou said... (1/28/09 12:09 PM) Reply
Wow! I love this cape. Definitely Agent 99-- though if you're the Super Nanny, you get to tell people, 'You've been very, very naughty...' -- which would be fun. Thanks for making this one and letting us see it!
blessedtosew said... (1/28/09 11:40 AM) Reply
I am so happy to see that made. I have been wanting to make that. It is very pretty on you.
MissCelie said... (1/28/09 11:18 AM) Reply
What a chic cape! I have fabric for this, but am waiting for it to warm out. I'm going to have to wish for spring harder now that you've shown this!
21wale said... (1/28/09 8:57 AM) Reply
I like it! It's both classic and modern.
Sic said... (1/28/09 8:37 AM) Reply
Super cute! Thanks for the review!
Karen6790 said... (1/28/09 8:05 AM) Reply
Definitely not super nanny. (Though if they ever updated Mary Poppins, she would swoon to wear this, and would carry a tiny little parrot headed umbrella in an inside pocket). But Agent 99 wouldn't let her wear it. Beautiful.
Squeezylemon said... (1/28/09 7:34 AM) Reply
Definitely Agent 99! Great cape, might push this up my (very long) to do list of BWOF must-haves!
Vonnevo said... (1/28/09 7:02 AM) Reply
A very stylish cape, Sue :) Definitely 99 !
petro said... (1/28/09 6:02 AM) Reply
Very nice cape, I like the slight swing it has in the back, definitely smart, not nannyish.
rivergum said... (1/28/09 1:25 AM) Reply
This looks great on you. I normally don't like capes that much but I like your version and it makes me think I should give one a try. Definitely 99!
Christas said... (1/28/09 1:20 AM) Reply
Either way, it is CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!
Lori V said... (1/28/09 0:15 AM) Reply