Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2008-123 (Tunic)

Reviewed by:Vonnevo

About Vonnevostarstarstarstar
Australia
Member since: 10/25/04
Posted on:1/28/09 6:18 AM
Last Updated:1/28/09 6:26 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
Sew4Fun said... (2/26/09 4:17 AM) Reply
I don't know how I missed your original review, but lovely tunic! I like how you used the print.
Meredith P said... (2/1/09 9:41 AM) Reply
Great review. Can't wait for the photo of the finished caftan, too.
Kathi R said... (1/31/09 0:57 AM) Reply
Once again, you wrote a very informative and complete review....I love the way you illustrate the subtle changes you make to the pattern. Thank you.
MelissaB in WA said... (1/30/09 11:28 PM) Reply
Beautiful top - you look lovely as always (you're just so classy!!!).
kerrynw said... (1/30/09 2:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful top Vonne. I love the fabric!
cmarie12 said... (1/29/09 12:25 PM) Reply
The fabric is what really makes this top special! Can't wait to see the review for the caftan using the cotton panel print!
Fran G said... (1/29/09 7:48 AM) Reply
What a lovely tunic on you, Vonne! The magazine photo held little appeal for me but your version is a must! Thanks especially for showing how you altered the pattern..that is very helpful to me.
Tany said... (1/29/09 4:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the fabric that you used. Very nice job!!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (1/29/09 3:44 AM) Reply
Lovely top Vonne and a helpful review - thank you!
Karen8320 said... (1/28/09 7:12 PM) Reply
Lovely work, Vonne. This is a smart, trendy top slightly different to the usual and you've made really good use of the fabric design to make it just that little bit extra special.
Schnauzer said... (1/28/09 6:12 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
Liana said... (1/28/09 5:41 PM) Reply
You're right, this is a great style. You look wonderful!
Erica B. said... (1/28/09 3:03 PM) Reply
Very lovely!
fuzzygalore said... (1/28/09 2:01 PM) Reply
This is great, but has anyone thanked you lately for living in Australia? I'm getting really addicted to those rays of sunshine in the winter, the reviews of light cotton shirts and swimsuits, modeled by relaxed people in sunglasses :-)... Thanks for reminding the rest of us of spring!
Annette1 said... (1/28/09 1:13 PM) Reply
Well, you've done it again, made a wonderfully stylish and elegant top with the perfect designer details! I love your use of this fabric for this top.
SueV said... (1/28/09 1:03 PM) Reply
That's really cute, I missed that one... I need to find it and make it! thanks
Penny B said... (1/28/09 12:29 PM) Reply
I love the way you organize your photos with each garment having an album. And then including the line drawings and photo from the pattern, photos of pattern pieces, and other photos as well. It is fun to look through your photos because you are so neat and organized!
blessedtosew said... (1/28/09 11:39 AM) Reply
I love that--the fabric is pretty, too!!
blue mooney said... (1/28/09 11:25 AM) Reply
Looks great - you have such a wonderful sense for picking patterns. Thanks for reviewing!!
Ody said... (1/28/09 10:38 AM) Reply
Wonderful shirt Vonne, and I love your slide show! You not only can sew well, but you definitely have review showmanship!
Peacock Chic said... (1/28/09 10:33 AM) Reply
love this rendition of the pattern. The fabric really goes together wonderfully with the style!
annie11 said... (1/28/09 10:12 AM) Reply
Looks great! I love your changes to the pleat and shortening the bodice. I've made this one too, but the original pleat kind of sticks out, and it is definitely lower cut than I would like, so I'm going to implement your ideas and try it again!
carolynw said... (1/28/09 9:25 AM) Reply
Lovely looking top - nice use of the stripes on this fabric.
Christas said... (1/28/09 9:19 AM) Reply
Very stylish top! I love the changes you made.... so pretty!
Morisot said... (1/28/09 9:03 AM) Reply
Very nice! ;-)
KateS said... (1/28/09 8:27 AM) Reply
Lovely top- this looks nice and cool, I may have to check it out to deal with the heat up here in Darwin. Another great garment and review :)
Morisot said... (1/28/09 8:07 AM) Reply
Great looking top. Love your version with the inverted pleat. Very nice.
Karen6790 said... (1/28/09 8:00 AM) Reply
This is great - I don't even remember this pattern, so you're going to send me to the archive to trace it. I love your fabric and the way you used the stripes.
appleC said... (1/28/09 7:49 AM) Reply
Thank you for sharing tips on shortening the bodice. It's very helpful. I'm going to make this soon.
tomed said... (1/28/09 7:45 AM) Reply
Very nice shirt - looks great on you! Thanks for the review. I'm going to have to give this one a try.
craftygamma said... (1/28/09 7:37 AM) Reply
Great tunic. I really like your variations on print direction--it adds a lot.
Natasha B said... (1/28/09 6:30 AM) Reply
Lovely version of this great tunic. I liked your modifications and the fabric looked really interesting.

No Pattern Used 08-17-2009