Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8497 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:1/28/09 9:11 PM
Last Updated:1/28/09 9:27 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Grammy Gin said... (2/24/09 11:58 AM) Reply
This outfit looks fantastic on you. The color is wonderful with your complexion. Another gorgeous outfit!
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/5/09 10:51 AM) Reply
Great looking top.
Ann Smith said... (2/1/09 4:31 PM) Reply
I can't seem to get rid of these extra posts. Sorry.
Ann Smith said... (2/1/09 4:31 PM) Reply

Ann Smith said... (2/1/09 4:30 PM) Reply
Luckylibbet, the clothing show was a display I put up at the regional quilt show held here last weekend. It occurs every other year. They have invited it me three times to display my garments. This year I invited my friend Barbara to share the space. Together we put up 20 outfits, complete with jewelry on mannequins and dressforms. Lots of fun and a great honor. Sew more photos at my blog http://annsthreads.blogspot.com/
Luckylibbet said... (1/31/09 0:55 AM) Reply
Very interesting! I have this pattern and made the gathered V-neck tee - but had decided to ditch the other options until I saw this review. And may I inquire, where were your photos taken? I know I live not THAT far away from you, and if there's a fashion exhibit out there that I have not heard of, please let me know!
Nancy K said... (1/30/09 11:16 AM) Reply
Love this on you! I especially like it with the skirt, which I hated in the catalog but absolutely love on you!
Athene said... (1/29/09 10:16 PM) Reply
A great look - I really like this top made up to be closer fitting.
DorothyK said... (1/29/09 5:54 PM) Reply
This top is fantastic on you. Now I'm itching to make it myself. I love the deconstructed look but have never tried it. Looks like fun.
Karine said... (1/29/09 10:19 AM) Reply
What a great top on you. It's fun to see something different and little edgy (pun intended)! I hope you try the modification that Marcy has on her website for this. I think she calls it "Fall Rendition of V8497." (Sorry, but I can't figure out how to do a clickable link in these comments). I love the added contrast edges but haven't had a chance to try it myself.
Barbara V said... (1/28/09 11:10 PM) Reply
Making this top with a deconstructed look was a great choice. I agree with the connection to the skirt and you certainly created a "happy accident."
Ody said... (1/28/09 10:09 PM) Reply
Wonderful top and looks fantastic on you alone or with the French skirt. I have this pattern and I need to take it out and give it a second look. Great review, thank you.
Mahler said... (1/28/09 9:41 PM) Reply
I always love the clothes you make. They are so perfectly choice for you. Beautiful colour. Fantastic outfit.
Peggy L said... (1/28/09 9:21 PM) Reply
Your two pieces look great together. Love the color. I really have enjoyed the top I made like this and am going for the deconstructed look in the next one.