Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2005-125 (twist/wrapover sunDress)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:1/31/09 9:55 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
lauraborealis said... (5/21/10 3:24 PM) Reply
Will you share your method for adding bra cups? Your fit is so good. My previous attempts have ended up looking like "Cup Inserted Here" and I would really love to make this dress.
Robin Denning said... (2/2/09 9:45 PM) Reply
Darling dress on you! wow! Enjoy wearing it.
gatorgirl4325 said... (2/2/09 11:59 AM) Reply
I LOVE the necklace! This is a FABULOUS dress for YOU!!! Sorry about the fabric being flimsy but like you said it will be PERFECT for Hawaii!!
nellc said... (2/1/09 4:20 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, I like the wrapover detail at the front and that is such a nice colour.
DorothyK said... (2/1/09 12:37 PM) Reply
The dress is terrific. You have the perfect body for it. Have fun in Hawaii.
Meredith P said... (2/1/09 12:34 PM) Reply
This is a great sun-dress. I've just started following your blog. You'll be the best dressed in Hawaii. Wow, won't that temperature be nice, compared to what you're used to. Everyone deserves to de-frost sometime :-)
Beek said... (2/1/09 10:34 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, Cabinbaby. But are you really going to wear this in Alaska!?! You're a braving women than I! :0)
elanor said... (2/1/09 9:38 AM) Reply
So perfect for hawaii, adn I love that you have been reaching back in your Burdas lately. Makes me feel more hopeful and less guilty about my collection. As for the undergootchi issue: have you tried a seamless thong? I think parts of hawaii are pretty windy.
donna mel said... (2/1/09 8:57 AM) Reply
thank you so much for this review. i was contemplating this pattern last night, and now i will definitely make it. it looks great on you!
Catbird said... (2/1/09 8:33 AM) Reply
My goodness, you're going to have the paparazzi following you around in Hawaii if you keep this up -- this dress looks great on you! I love the color, the straps, the wrap detail, everything.
Natasha B said... (2/1/09 3:00 AM) Reply
Lovely dress and nice to see something summery from wintery Alaska! Enjoy Hawaii! The back of the dress is very flattering, I particularly like the style of the back neckline ... and no VPL either!
kerrynw said... (2/1/09 1:39 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great. I like the bust detail and wider shoulder straps on this pattern. Thanks for your review. I am going to check out this pattern as it would suit our 40 degree C (104 F)weather in australia now.
kerrynw said... (2/1/09 0:36 AM) Reply
Dei said... (1/31/09 11:27 PM) Reply
This is so hot on you! As for the unmentionables, things need an airing out now and then. :)
amy in mpls said... (1/31/09 11:03 PM) Reply
Aloha! Way cute!!
Meggie LuLu said... (1/31/09 10:02 PM) Reply
Your dress is SOOOO CUTE!!! Maybe when you get back from Hawaii you can wear it with some leggings and a cute jacket!! I want to make this dress RIGHT NOW!! I LOVE the caribou necklace TOO!! It is PERFECT!!

EvaDress B30-7816