Pattern Reviews> Other> Stitch Magazine - Winter (Asymmetrical Folds Skirt)

Reviewed by:sincerelyyourskater

Posted on:2/2/09 7:05 PM
Last Updated:5/6/09 6:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
SewSara said... (5/6/09 8:15 PM) Reply
I love your skirt, the lining peeking out is so clever. I saw this magazine in the grocery store, I think I'll pick it up next time I'm there. EDIT: I got it! Yay
Nikki S. said... (5/6/09 7:09 PM) Reply
What a cute skirt! I checked out the website; they don't appear to have it online, which is a shame.
sincerelyyourskater said... (5/6/09 1:36 PM) Reply
I just guesstimated where to join the pieces. I don't think it matters dramatically, as the wrap pieces are not that technical. You might try holding it up to your waist and gauging how much room you need, and attaching around there. Tracing was by far my least favorite part. The only consolation I can offer is that this is a great skirt, and you are sure to use the pattern more than once.
Patti B said... (5/6/09 10:19 AM) Reply
Oh, I'm so glad you reviewed this skirt! Your velvet version is just gorgeous. Excellent and helpful review. I have the magazine and have been tempted and now it has moved up 'the list'.
marthamyers said... (5/6/09 9:38 AM) Reply
Very intriguing skirt. I may have to buy this magazine. Thanks for the review with all the helpful detail.
Raye Ann said... (5/6/09 1:28 AM) Reply
very unique and pretty! thanks for the detailed review and info on how to obtain the mag- good job!
MeganJ said... (5/6/09 0:37 AM) Reply
What a nice skirt, and thanks for the review! I am working on this skirt now, and had the same issues tracing! Even more difficult than most magazine tracing, imho. Thanks for the tip on the short facings. That will come in handy!
candyo said... (4/27/09 10:44 PM) Reply
I'm tracing the pattern right now (ugh!) and can't figure out how to join the front pieces. You'd think they'd include some registration marks! How did you do it?
merteuil said... (2/7/09 7:12 AM) Reply
Very pretty skirt! Great review
oohisay said... (2/4/09 8:23 PM) Reply
Ooh! I'm planning to make this skirt too. Your advice will really come in handy.
kellymailinglist said... (2/3/09 4:43 PM) Reply
Awesome! Awesome! And thanks for the detailed review, too!
nicegirl said... (2/3/09 4:05 PM) Reply
That came out really cute! I'm mad at myself for missing out on picking up that issue.
sincerelyyourskater said... (2/3/09 2:37 PM) Reply
Thank you for the nice comments. I am really pleased with how the skirt turned out, which is something I (unfortunately) can't say for all my projects. I tried to by the magazine over Thanksgiving in Denver and the bookstore was sold out, so when I found it later at a Borders I snatched it up. You can also order it online at http://www.quiltingarts.com/shop/Stitch.html. It's on sale, so hurry. Plus, it includes patterns for several projects, so its a bargain. Good luck and share your own version of the skirt!
Luckylibbet said... (2/3/09 12:00 PM) Reply
I have this magazine (highly recommend - lots of really interesting projects) and am planning this skirt for spring - thanks so much for your tips! And yours looks so elegant in velvet - the lining is adorable!
Kay Y said... (2/3/09 9:18 AM) Reply
Your skirt looks fabulous! This Stitch magazine is intriguing - I might have to order it just to get this pattern!
piffle said... (2/3/09 6:58 AM) Reply
Love it, love it, love it. Where did you find the magazine? I would be interested in trying this pattern.
MelissaB in WA said... (2/2/09 11:43 PM) Reply
Very cute!
Christas said... (2/2/09 7:51 PM) Reply
Cute skirt!
sewtime said... (2/2/09 7:07 PM) Reply
Very stylish and cute skirt!!

Christine Jonson Swing Jacket