Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2008-103 (Blouse with Puffed Sleeves)

Reviewed by:QuiltSewSewSue

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
MareeAlison said... (2/21/09 0:14 AM) Reply
I love your blouse Sue.
KiwiWendy said... (2/6/09 9:24 PM) Reply
this really reminds me of a vintage blouse I used to wear about 10 years ago. now I want to get my hands on this issue of the magazine
QuiltSewSewSue said... (2/5/09 5:30 PM) Reply
Kate - that would work - it would change the look of the top slightly but it is the only solution I can think of for this issue. You would need to check the width of the peplum as it fits nicely on the waist now.
crisford said... (2/5/09 10:51 AM) Reply
Very nice! What a great outfit--the colors look great on you.
KateS said... (2/5/09 6:20 AM) Reply
Very cute top! A lovely choice of fabric + colour? Do you think this would still look ok if you lengthened the part above the peplum abit so that it didn't open on the belly (I really dont want to show mine- it hasn't seen a gym in ages ...)?
Karen8320 said... (2/5/09 1:47 AM) Reply
Lovely work here, Sue, and you look fabulous in this top. You've chosen a gorgeous fabric in a very versatile colour. Well done.
Schnauzer said... (2/5/09 0:31 AM) Reply
Lovely combination of style and fabric. Very nice!
Vonnevo said... (2/5/09 0:17 AM) Reply
A beautiful blouse and lovely photo of you too ! The colour and style suit you nicely.
sewsue said... (2/4/09 11:26 PM) Reply
That is a lovely blouse.
Natasha B said... (2/4/09 7:36 PM) Reply
Sue, your blouse turned out beautiful! It looks really lovely and the fabric is just perfect - you did a great job as I always find those slppery fabrics soo hard.
Cre8tv said... (2/4/09 3:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I have made several versions of this pattern with one adjustment-- I redrafted to bodice to take out the gathers around the waist.
eugenia123 said... (2/4/09 11:58 AM) Reply
This is a gorgeous top and it looks beautifully made, love the fabric.
Jali said... (2/4/09 10:53 AM) Reply
Your version in plain coloured fabric shows the pattern detailing a lot better than in the magazine. Wonderful work!
Christas said... (2/4/09 9:34 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse! It looks lovely on you!
Amanda S. said... (2/4/09 9:33 AM) Reply
So pretty! I'm really glad to see your review as this is in my must-make pile for spring.
cindyann said... (2/4/09 8:40 AM) Reply
Very pretty. Poly satin is such a bear. You did a nice job with it.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (2/4/09 8:34 AM) Reply
I overlooked this one too but your version is gorgeous. Really flattering shape and colour on you, great job!
Sic said... (2/4/09 8:32 AM) Reply
Lovely!
kerrynw said... (2/4/09 7:44 AM) Reply
Very classy Sue! Love your blouse.
doctorsirena said... (2/4/09 7:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! I love your fabric - it really shows off the cute styling, more so than the print in the magazine. Thanks for your helpful comments that the bottom opening may show skin. You have inspired me to make this for spring. Great job!
piffle said... (2/4/09 6:09 AM) Reply
What an attractive design. I overlooked it, but I'm going to give it a second look now!

SewBaby Double Duty Bag Pattern