Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1087 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:ALY

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 30 people
Leora said... (11/27/09 4:35 PM) Reply
Lovely!
Sew4Fun said... (11/27/09 5:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! It is very flattering on you.
Janetmarie said... (6/23/09 9:42 PM) Reply
Great review. Thank you. I have the pattern and have been thinking about making it. The dress is beautiful. You did a wonderful and masterful job. The dress looks great on you.
Phasionz by M said... (5/10/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Great job! On my list of projects. Thanks for the review.
Moxie Carol said... (5/9/09 10:25 AM) Reply
Your review and photostream are going to be really helpful when I get to work on this for my h.s. reunion in August. Where would you make fitting adjustments to get more ease in the back, esp. around the waist and lower back?
Marji said... (4/17/09 9:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the detail in the review. The dress is fabulous on you. I'm debating over cutting this out tonight, and your review is very helpful.
Mahler said... (4/1/09 7:27 PM) Reply
Challenging but, so chic on you ! I missed the initial publication of your review. Thank you for the excellent review. I think that after crying over another DKNY pattern, I will pass on this one.
SheriF said... (3/26/09 8:44 AM) Reply
I just ordered this on sale for $5.99. I came right over to patternreview.com to see how it goes together. Thanks for such a detailed review. Have you heard back from Vogue? I want to look great in this dress - just like you!
stephiechapman said... (3/24/09 10:53 PM) Reply
This is a lovely dress! Looks great
AnnMarieJ said... (3/12/09 10:34 PM) Reply
This is an extremely helpful review - so great to know where the challenges are. Thanks so much. What a fabulous dress - you look divine!
gotasew said... (3/9/09 9:11 PM) Reply
Thamkyou I thought about tackling this one and after reading your review I am going to give it a miss. Even though you did a great job and it looks great it's just to complicated for me.
nglalala said... (3/7/09 1:19 AM) Reply
The dress is gorgeous on you! Great job and thanks for the review!
KathleenS said... (3/6/09 5:49 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. I'm thinking of making it and having someone go there first is very helpful!
layla said... (3/5/09 6:58 PM) Reply
Wow .. this is so cute on you. !! Thank you for the informative reveiw . I can't wait to get started !!
Moxie Carol said... (3/1/09 9:45 PM) Reply
This dress really caught my eye - and it's even better in red! As I sat here reading through the pattern instructions and trying to picture the construction, I said out loud, "What have I gotten myself into?!" I came right to Pattern Review and how wonderful to find your terrific review! I also thought this would be flattering on a mature figure. Your helpful review and many pictures are inspiring. I'll definitely do a pattern-fitting and muslin. Gorgeous, beautiful, stunning! Thank you.
Sewnforever said... (2/20/09 6:34 PM) Reply
need to think very carefully about fabric choice
waltzqueen said... (2/11/09 12:17 PM) Reply
Kudos to you for such masterful work on a tricky pattern. Th dress looks maaaavelous on you.
pinkli said... (2/9/09 8:37 AM) Reply
Great dress - you've inspired me to take advantage of the sale on at the moment. Informative review too - thank you. Enjoy your event - the dress will be perfect!
Skye said... (2/6/09 5:56 PM) Reply
that's stunni9ng dress. thanks for the detailed review too.
BillieJean said... (2/5/09 6:34 AM) Reply
How brave of you to tackle this! And your results look beautiful.
valerie sews said... (2/5/09 3:30 AM) Reply
Your dress looks stunning on you. I'm thinking I'll have to buy this pattern...thanks for a very helpful review.
kerrynw said... (2/5/09 3:22 AM) Reply
Stunning dress, perfect for valentines day!
rivergum said... (2/5/09 1:38 AM) Reply
Lovely dress and great job putting it together. Thanks so much for the review, I have been eyeing this one and am thrilled to see it made up and worn by a real human.
Caitycat said... (2/5/09 1:27 AM) Reply
WOW. Thank you for such a thorough review. The dress looks great on you, very flattering!
Athene said... (2/5/09 1:02 AM) Reply
You look gorgeous - a fabulous dress on you - thanks for all the detailed pictures - very helpful in demystifying the process.
Dmd4106 said... (2/5/09 0:30 AM) Reply
Yummy dress! Red is certainly your color! This dress looks fabulous on you. While it is a little advanced for me, I'm very thankful you posted! Great review too!
Immelu said... (2/4/09 11:52 PM) Reply
That is fantastic! Do you think it would be hard to turn the skirt into having a slight a-line?
Amanda S. said... (2/4/09 10:34 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! Perfect for Valentine's day. Thanks for your very detailed review. This is my favorite pattern of the new Vogues. I think you were right in making the front bodice piece symmetrical.
Cowtown Karen said... (2/4/09 8:31 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
Sweetiebop said... (2/4/09 8:10 PM) Reply
This dress is STUNNING on you especially the red.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (2/4/09 7:14 PM) Reply
Fabulous - I love it, the colour and style look stunning on you - enjoy your Valentines day event. Thanks for the very helpful review.
Heatherrique said... (2/4/09 6:11 PM) Reply
Aly, you are electrifying! Great color and style for you! You will be the belle of the ball! Super review and thanks for the details of this pattern!
sewbehind said... (2/4/09 6:06 PM) Reply
I really like the collar and the dress is very flattering on you.
Ann Smith said... (2/4/09 1:54 PM) Reply
Ravishing in Red! Thanks for a great review with lots of helpful tips. Very puzzling about the different dart heights??
Barbara V said... (2/4/09 1:13 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you tackled this new pattern. I have been fascinated with it and will buy it soon. Your version using wool jersey in red was a great choice. It's beautiful, fits well and is very flattering on you. Thanks for all the detailed tips.
nellc said... (2/4/09 1:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress, it looks wonderful in red. I just received this pattern today so your detailed review is very welcome.
eugenia123 said... (2/4/09 1:02 PM) Reply
Wow! this dress looks fantastic - congratulations on all your hard work.
merry-one said... (2/4/09 12:52 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
sewing for fun said... (2/4/09 12:25 PM) Reply
Great looking dress. Red is definitely YOUR color!
katlew03 said... (2/4/09 10:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. The picture does not show the details like your photostream. At first I thought it was just a fitted dress with wrinkles across the front until I saw the other pictures that showed the details. You did a great job with the fitting and the color looks nice on you. I think the final product was well worth the complexity of construction.
Michele19 said... (2/4/09 10:27 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your beautiful red dress. It looks stunning on you. I am sure you will be the belle of the Valentine's Party.
JamieLiz said... (2/4/09 10:17 AM) Reply
I was just looking at this pattern last evening, thinking it looked incredibly difficult. You did a masterful job with it -- the dress is drop-dead gorgeous on you. I think I'll pass on making it, but I admire your courage for tackling this one!

More Knits