Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3435 (Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:LBowman

About LBowmanstar
BC CANADA
Member since: 9/23/08
Posted on:2/6/09 5:34 PM

LBowman said... (2/7/09 2:42 PM) Reply
Thanks for the link, renren, and the kind words, jali! I've tried to use that elastic, once, but it slips around when you try to sew it down. I'll give it another go. Knits are all I ever sew - they're so much more forgiving of fitting errors! (To a point).
Jali said... (2/7/09 8:24 AM) Reply
Congratulations on finishing an unfinished project and using your stash! The top is slightly bigger but looks warm and cozy. The colour's lovely on you especially the way you have teamed it up.
renren said... (2/7/09 7:39 AM) Reply
The product is called "clear elastic" and here is the link from Tips & Techniques where its use is described: http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/topsearch.pl?search=neckline+&st=rt&submit=Search It's not like normal elastic. After reading about it several times here at PR, I bought some at JoAnns but have not got up enough nerve to sew with knits!
LBowman said... (2/7/09 3:04 AM) Reply
Stretch elastic? Hm. Perhaps I should try that. Though I do think it's too big ... still, I love the colour so much I don't want to just give it away. Maybe I'll try sliding a little elastic in under the facing; thanks for the tip. And thanks for the kind words, all of you!
renren said... (2/6/09 10:29 PM) Reply
I know others are always commenting on adding stretch elastic to necklines to keep them from gaping. I love the color on you and congratulations on your first review!
Diana M said... (2/6/09 6:58 PM) Reply
Gorgeous color, but I agree that it looks too big for you. Gaging the stretch/fit of knits can be a challenge, can't it?
sewtime said... (2/6/09 6:03 PM) Reply
I think your top looks real pretty on you! I love it!

by: French.Sea...