Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7697

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Bishbosh said... (8/26/10 10:59 AM) Reply
Does anyone remember how they figured out the waistband? I'm completely stuck and cannot work out what I'm supposed to do. thanks!
Isi92 said... (4/14/10 1:52 PM) Reply
I've arrived at the part where I have to start making the waistband, but I'm completely lost! Will someone please help me figure it out so I can continue?
marp109 said... (3/28/10 0:40 AM) Reply
I still can't figure out how to attach the waistband. Help! Perseverance pays! figured it out and finished it today. Very tricky directions and once you know how to do it, photos make sense but not until then.
rendredoux said... (3/19/10 9:04 AM) Reply
I have sewn this pattern twice--once making the full dress and once sewing the blouse without the skirt attached. I agree with the previously posted review. The pattern is mislabeled "easy". The neckline binding and waistband/cummerbund elements are a little complicated and the directions aren't perfect. The design is very flattering.
JudiBee2 said... (4/9/09 3:16 PM) Reply
I have this pattern, but based on the above will really think about construction. Thanks for the info.
arianamaniacs said... (2/25/09 10:43 AM) Reply
Hi, I just bought this pattern today, and want to make it this weekend. I look forward to your photo! I'm also interested in which parts are wrong.
rendredoux said... (2/24/09 11:17 PM) Reply
I completed the top. It turned out quite well. A photo will be posted soon! I found two mistakes in the instructions, and will post those when I upload a photo. Be sure to use a two-way stretch jersey for the best results.
rendredoux said... (2/10/09 12:40 PM) Reply
Sewing this pattern now. Found one mistake in the instructions to date. When sewing the two sides of facing, place right sides together (rather than wrong sides together as indicated in the instructions).

by: atymonw