Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7975 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE JACKET)

Reviewed by:LindsayT

About LindsayTstarstarstar
Member since: 8/2/07
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:2/12/09 7:09 PM
Last Updated:2/12/09 7:13 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 28 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Other Projects by LindsayT using this Pattern

sarah121haras said... (1/19/11 5:35 PM) Reply
Hot Dixie, I love it!
gernella said... (8/30/09 11:27 AM) Reply
I love this jacket, you look really good in it. I have bought the pattern but what worries me is that the hem line will, I think, finish at my widest part! It looks a go anywhere jacket and that's what I liked about it.
Robin Denning said... (2/14/09 9:28 PM) Reply
nancy2001 said... (2/14/09 2:22 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks beautiful.
carolynw said... (2/14/09 9:37 AM) Reply
Lindsay this is just beautiful - will be making one for me soon and using the same pattern which is a TNT for me!! So much helpful ideas in your review - thanks
Markie1 said... (2/13/09 9:09 PM) Reply
What a jacket and what a tutorial. You inspire me to attempt something like this one day. I personally love the chenille braid (I read your blog) infact,it is a very... Chanel Chenille ;-)
Beek said... (2/13/09 5:29 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket, Lindsay! You've done a marvelous job of tailoring. Bravo!
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/13/09 2:11 PM) Reply
Outstanding, Lindsay. Thanks for the great review of your process.
Bernadette W said... (2/13/09 1:52 PM) Reply
Magnifique ! Je suis vert avec envie !
Luckylibbet said... (2/13/09 1:31 PM) Reply
eugenia123 said... (2/13/09 12:53 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket, I love it and Coco would definitely approve!
mylittleelephant said... (2/13/09 11:43 AM) Reply
Beautiful constructions and both your review and blog are VERY VERY helpful, thanks for sharing this.
Modiste Madness said... (2/13/09 10:05 AM) Reply
That is just wonderful! Great construction and great design details that brings out the best of the fabric.
cecelia said... (2/13/09 9:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful job--I want one. Guess I'll have to drag out this pattern and do it!
HeyJane said... (2/13/09 9:15 AM) Reply
I have this same fabric from about my motivation to get started! Very beautiful jacket and you did a superb job.
Michelle L said... (2/13/09 8:17 AM) Reply
Wow! Fantastic jacket! Thanks for the great review.
cindyann said... (2/13/09 7:38 AM) Reply
Bravo, Lindsey! Really stunning.
inkstain said... (2/13/09 7:06 AM) Reply
This is so great. If any of you doubt the versatility of this pattern, look at the Guardian website,, then click on Life and Style ..Trophy Jackets video, and then look at comments where I list all the things you can do with 7975. This is the best I've seen in a while. Thanks! P.S. Great trims can be made by braiding novelty yarns to match, for those of us without MJ Trims within reach!
ryan's mom said... (2/13/09 6:26 AM) Reply
Superb and simply stunning!!!
Liana said... (2/13/09 0:18 AM) Reply
This is beautiful, and everything about it is just right. It looks so good on you too. Great job! I know you're getting lots of envious looks, and you should be thrilled.
Annette1 said... (2/13/09 0:09 AM) Reply
BEATUIFUL jacket in every respect. In fact, I love the WHOLE OUTFIT, right down to the shoes! What a FABULOUS FIT you've achieved!
Meggie LuLu said... (2/12/09 11:17 PM) Reply
What a BEAUTIFUL jacket!! It looks A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!
Nancy K said... (2/12/09 11:05 PM) Reply
Fabulous! A great way to dress for a casual office and still look chic.
Lori V said... (2/12/09 8:35 PM) Reply
Amazing jacket, your work is superb.
Christas said... (2/12/09 8:32 PM) Reply
Your jacket is wonderful! It really looks fantastic on you. Thanks for all the construction details.
2BSewing said... (2/12/09 8:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and perfect color I may add. Awesome fit as well. :)
Karen6790 said... (2/12/09 8:25 PM) Reply
Must start on my Chanel jacket. You've completely disrupted the order of my to do list with this little wonder. You know how fabulous it looks, of course.
EleanorSews said... (2/12/09 8:01 PM) Reply
Your jacket is just lovely and looks great on you! Your review is full of great info. Thanks for sharing so much.
Tiner W said... (2/12/09 7:58 PM) Reply
This is stunning! It is so elegant and flattering.
said... (2/12/09 7:44 PM) Reply
This jacket is to die for! You have obviously done an impeccable sewing job. I can't help it I want your jacket!
Kay Y said... (2/12/09 7:40 PM) Reply
I just discovered your blog, and now the review! Very lovely jacket, and I am so envious of your NYC shopping access.
Karen8320 said... (2/12/09 7:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful work as always, Lindsay. Your jacket looks fabulous on you! This is such a classic style and very versatile and I love your choice of trims. They match perfectly with the fabric. Thank you for sharing your inside construction tips. This is valuable advice and I will most definitely incorporate those ideas into my own garment construction. Great work!
Eli said... (2/12/09 7:27 PM) Reply
Gorgeous, and looks fabulous on you! Very chic with the flats youa re wearing!
PhyllisC said... (2/12/09 7:21 PM) Reply
When can I borrow it?
AnneMarie60 said... (2/12/09 7:18 PM) Reply
I love your version! Great idea to combine the two trims. I know you're pleased that your beautiful jacket is also comfortable to wear. Did you get lots of compliments from amazed co-workers?