Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4095 (Women's knit tops, pant, skirt)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

Other Projects by Ann Smith using this Pattern

photophotophoto

Sweater knit fabrics

carolynw said... (2/14/09 9:41 AM) Reply
Looks terrific on you - I know you are the wearer but I do like it with the skirt as much as with the jeans
Annette1 said... (2/14/09 0:13 AM) Reply
GREAT top, especially in that fabric! You look wonderful!
Mahler said... (2/13/09 10:27 PM) Reply
This is a great, great top. I like that fabric so much. It is wonderful with you SB skirt.
Barbara V said... (2/13/09 10:06 PM) Reply
So clever to apply the RTW double layering to your top. Your method of construction was very sensible. It looks great on you!
Ann Smith said... (2/13/09 8:38 PM) Reply
Sewdelighted, Often I pin the crossover spot on this type of top to prevent gaping. It doesn't gape if I stand up with good posture but, since often I don't, the pin helps!
sewdelighted said... (2/13/09 7:03 PM) Reply
I made this top and loved it until I wore it in public and noticed that it separates at the worst place. I didn't do an FBA. Felt like it wasn't needed. Did you put elastic in the front? does it gape at all?
marec said... (2/13/09 6:51 PM) Reply
All the pieces made from this pattern are beautiful. Thanks for the info on order of construction.
sewingstacy said... (2/13/09 5:08 PM) Reply
great looking top!
DorothyK said... (2/13/09 1:10 PM) Reply
The top is terrific. Great fabric. Looks wonderful with jeans. It inspires me to try working with mesh fabric.
krawz said... (2/13/09 1:03 PM) Reply
I absolutely LOVE this top.. and I really like what you did with the fabric. It's such a great idea to use a sheer knit like that! It looks fabulous with your jeans. I'm so glad you wrote this review, it was very helpful. I have some fabric like that I just haven't known what to do with until now!
sewtime said... (2/13/09 12:30 PM) Reply
Love your top, love all the clothes that you sew!
Grammy Gin said... (2/13/09 11:04 AM) Reply
It looks great with the skirt or the jeans. Thanks for the great review as usual. You always looks so beautiful & happy!!
Modiste Madness said... (2/13/09 10:02 AM) Reply
I actually like it with the skirt. Although, I know things can appear different in person . They are both wonderful as usual.
Christas said... (2/13/09 9:39 AM) Reply
You'll get great mileage out of your new top. It looks so great with a skirt or jeans. It is so versatile..... dresses up or dresses down easily! Very pretty.
EleanorSews said... (2/13/09 9:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful top. You certainly are getting mileage from this pattern. Thanks for your very thorough review.
AnneMarie60 said... (2/13/09 9:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful top. Wonderful fabric. I like this top with your SB skirt. All the pieces turned out great!
JudyP said... (2/13/09 8:34 AM) Reply
Your top looks great on you! That blue is a nice color for you. I have lined mesh tops with a knit mesh lining from EOS. I think its called power ner, but it works great for linings.
renren said... (2/13/09 8:28 AM) Reply
Ah, yes, going back to the photo I see the sheerness of the sleeves as contrasted to a doubling of fabric in the bodice. Very, very lovely. Thanks for the detail.
Michelle L said... (2/13/09 8:10 AM) Reply
Very pretty! Thanks for the helpful review!
Nancy K said... (2/13/09 6:56 AM) Reply
The top looks great on you and the construction details are very helpful.
Diana M said... (2/13/09 1:32 AM) Reply
Thank you for the sewing order description -- makes sense to keep those seams inside. Wonderful review and a smashing top!
Liana said... (2/13/09 0:55 AM) Reply
I can see why you like this pattern! The top looks great on you, and you look wonderful, as always. Great job!

Alabama Chanin Short Fitted Skirt