Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2008-112A (01-2008-112A)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:2/13/09 8:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
callmeRuth said... (2/20/09 11:33 AM) Reply
This skirt is wonderful. I liked it when I first saw pictures a long time ago, and I still like it now. :-)
Amanda S. said... (2/15/09 10:18 PM) Reply
Very cute! I'm loving your fabric and ribbon choices as well.
Jacqui315 said... (2/15/09 11:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt that's beautifully worn! Great fabric choice, too.
eugenia123 said... (2/15/09 10:04 AM) Reply
Fabulous skirt and I love the fabric, it looks really great on you.
tanroc75 said... (2/15/09 9:26 AM) Reply
Very nice skirt! I love the fabric choice as well! Great job!
Michelle L said... (2/15/09 9:09 AM) Reply
Super-cute!! With that fabric, the bow is so much more appropriate than the d-ring...it adds a great flair to an already adorable skirt!
Nana39 said... (2/14/09 9:13 PM) Reply
THE SKIRT IS REALLY CUTE LIKE THE GREEN COLORS ON YOU
CShelley said... (2/14/09 4:29 PM) Reply
Your skirt is so much nicer than the one in the magazine. I didn't look twice at it but after seeing yours...well...I think I better trace that pattern. Beautiful.
Secretsugar said... (2/14/09 1:23 PM) Reply
You know, I bet I'm the last person on the sewing planet to realize that Amy Butler fabrics make GREAT clothing! I never cared for her colors in quilts much, but wow, your skirt looks great! The style is perfect for you and the fabric is indeed lovely!
janet said... (2/14/09 12:03 PM) Reply
You look darling in your skirt. What a great outfit you have put together! WOW!!!
ITAdmin said... (2/14/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Great skirt (and outfit). I love the color and print.
kerrynw said... (2/14/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful skirt. Love the colour, print, fit and style. The ribbon is a perfect touch.
fourkid said... (2/14/09 3:58 AM) Reply
I love this!!! The colors are so perfect - the skirt, belt, shirt.
said... (2/14/09 2:05 AM) Reply
This skirt is so beautiful! What a wonderful fabric, and I just love the addition of the ribbon belt. You have great taste!
valerie sews said... (2/14/09 1:45 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous, much more so than the picture in the Burda WOF. I think I can hear some cotton in my stash calling for this one.
Marilyn N. said... (2/14/09 1:44 AM) Reply
I love your skirt! This is a pattern that I totally overlooked, thanks for your review.
Heatherrique said... (2/14/09 0:32 AM) Reply
Dazzling ensemble, Christas!!!!!! Such lovely colors and details, especially on that cool skirt!
Cody7 said... (2/14/09 0:12 AM) Reply
Love this skirt on you. The fabric and ribbon are perfect together. It almost makes me want to try one of these BWOF patterns. I haven't worked up the courage yet.
Elke said... (2/13/09 11:52 PM) Reply
This looks great on you, love the pleats!
Vintage Joan said... (2/13/09 11:46 PM) Reply
Wow -- so nice!! It looks like something you might have bought at an expensive boutique. I LOVE the colors (well, and the fabric in general)! :)
Christas said... (2/13/09 11:13 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. PopoAgie, as for birthing nine children, let me just say I LOVE control top hose!!!
QuickFade said... (2/13/09 11:02 PM) Reply
Extremely cute, and you wear it well. How does one do that after birthing nine children? Great job. I love your interpretation. It's a totally different feel than the one in the magazine. Even though I like the one in the magazine, I like yours better. Thanks for the idea!
KateS said... (2/13/09 10:57 PM) Reply
WOW I love this in this fabric!!! Such a different yet fantastic look:) Am so glad you made this as it is on my to-do list and you have just widen my fabric options! Well done!
Lori V said... (2/13/09 10:38 PM) Reply
Darling skirt, the ribbon is such a lovely detail.
Annette1 said... (2/13/09 10:06 PM) Reply
Oh man, Christa, this is SO cute. I can see this is SO MANY WAYS! Black/white polka-dot with either a coordinated ribbon OR maybe a red one or a pink one. Brown/turquose, brown/BPG, the possibilities are ENDLESS. And it fits you PERFECTLY and is SO FLATTERING! It would even be cute in an eyelet!
Liana said... (2/13/09 9:20 PM) Reply
I love your ribbon. It's just perfect with the great print, and you look wonderful in it! I will have to take another look at this pattern. The bow is a real improvement over the D-ring, too.
katlew03 said... (2/13/09 9:09 PM) Reply
What a unique skirt. Love the way the pleats form belt carriers. I think the ribbon adds an extra touch that D rings just don't have. Pretty fabric. This one's a winner.
Markie1 said... (2/13/09 9:05 PM) Reply
Well, this is adorable on you! I love the fabric you chose, the ribbon detail is lovely--you did a great job!

Grainline Studio Hemlock Tee