Pattern Reviews> Studio Kat Designs> Portapockets (Portapockets)

Reviewed by:denaria

About denaria
Member since: 9/8/06
Posted on:2/15/09 10:53 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

[email protected] said... (3/9/10 7:02 PM) Reply
I have never read or heard of any difficulty in sewing the portapocket. Maybe if she had made one exactly the same as the pattern, it would've turned out better.
dawn said... (4/30/09 7:30 PM) Reply
I had the same floppy outer section problem. It wasn't too bad at first, but over time, it became floppier and more annoying. I would probably use stiff interfacing if I make this again.
Kathi R said... (3/4/09 12:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for the frank review -- I have looked at this, but thought it would be better to customize for the junk I carry....your experience has proved my initial instinct was right and saved me some time. Consider this a wearable muslin for your perfect purse organizer.
rsersh said... (3/2/09 2:23 PM) Reply
This is a great idea. Thanks for the tip on the binding.
nancy2001 said... (2/28/09 5:46 PM) Reply
Very cute organizer.
Carriel said... (2/28/09 10:04 AM) Reply
I bought one of these purse organizers from QVC and love the convienece of switching purses so quickly. I carry a (pretty and homemade) backpack purse so want to show them off whenever I can. So changing purses (bakpacks) is a almost daily thing for me. I would like to make another organizer to fit my personal needs and this review was very helpful to me. Carrie
Athene said... (2/24/09 0:41 AM) Reply
I like the concept - very nice results.
KrystalL said... (2/16/09 8:55 AM) Reply
I just love crafty things like this! I made a roll-up purse organizer, but it unrolls in my purse and sometimes the contents come out. I will definitely check out this pattern. Your's looks great despite the challenges you had with it. Thanks for the review.
marthamyers said... (2/15/09 4:03 PM) Reply
I made this one too. It seems everyone has trouble with the binding. It's just too thick at the end. But it is a great idea and yours looks fabulous, so great save!
sewing for fun said... (2/15/09 3:26 PM) Reply
If you try it again, I suggest Timtex hat brim interfacing or heavy buckram like that used inside curtain cornices.
crazygrad said... (2/15/09 11:15 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. They look cute on the website but complicated.

StyleArc Linda Stretch Pant