Brother

Review Rating:
Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Pants    Skirts
FlossyLangport said... (11/2/09 4:40 PM) Reply
I'm making this skirt at the moment; it's also my very first! And like you, I've found the sizing massive. My measurements put me firmly into what they call "size 16", but I'm going to need to take it in to at least a 12. Crazy! Oh, and I put in an invisible zipper too... I bought it by accident; didn't know then that there were even different types! I'm kind of worried because it seems really straighforward to me and seems to be working fine (I guess it could look neater, but for a first attempt I'm pretty pleased with it). But everywhere I look, the invisible zipper seems to have a reputation as being a big scary hurdle; so now I'm paranoid that I've done it wrong! To be honest, the "normal" zipper looks more complicated to my (admittedly ignorant) eyes - maybe different courses for different courses? Anyway, congratulations on your first skirt! :)
EleanorSews said... (2/17/09 9:48 AM) Reply
It is a nice twirly skirt. Congrats on the invisible zipper. Enjoy!
fourkid said... (2/17/09 6:58 AM) Reply
Congratulations. Great job, and a nice twirly skirt :)
Christas said... (2/16/09 10:29 PM) Reply
Congrats on putting in your invisible zipper. I had been sewing over twenty years before I attempted one! Very cute print for your skirt.

by: Sheila457