Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6407 (Misses' Shirts)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:2/16/09 3:25 PM
Last Updated:2/16/09 9:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Lesalicious said... (2/20/09 5:32 PM) Reply
Oh wow I am loving this shirt great job. That fabric you pick is pretty. Did a great job.
Honeyface said... (2/19/09 1:08 PM) Reply
great color, love this on you!
Em's Summer said... (2/17/09 10:27 PM) Reply
Your blouse is absolutely fabulous! I love the style and the color of your fabric!
Nancy Rhodes said... (2/17/09 8:56 PM) Reply
BRAVO! You out did his Purple-ness... Great review, great shirt!
Darla in PA said... (2/17/09 10:20 AM) Reply
Your top looks great on you! The color is wonderful!
Frogstitcher said... (2/17/09 9:16 AM) Reply
Great shirt. That's my new favorite color. The jewel tones certainly do look flattering on you. I agree with you that the shoulders look fine as is, but you may want to "perfect" them the next time. Very nice workmanship.
ITAdmin said... (2/17/09 8:21 AM) Reply
I love the color and style of this. I buy and use those bags of buttons, too; they come in handy sometimes. Great minds think alike, I guess.
Squeezylemon said... (2/17/09 4:34 AM) Reply
Well, I am getting SERIOUSLY jealous of your ability to make such a great wardrobe Louella!!!! Another wonderful top to inspire us - and I think the collar standing up a bit is definitely "cool" (in the words of the Fonz??!!) And purple is the most vibrant colour on you, great job!
FreyaStark said... (2/17/09 4:12 AM) Reply
It looks pretty good to me, and the colour is glorious!
Leora said... (2/17/09 1:55 AM) Reply
You are so funny! I really, really want this shirt in shiny purple satin for some reason. I have the fabric, I have the pattern, just need the mojo. I would be interested to see how this turns out without a collar, if you do it please show and tell!
Annette1 said... (2/17/09 0:07 AM) Reply
To the REIGNING purple QUEEN: This top fits you absolutely PERFECTLY, and I LIKE the collar! That's really STRANGE, too, because normally I'm not real keen on that style -- ha! Maybe it's because it DOES stand up that I like it. I've been TRYING to look at your review pictures ALL DAY, and either Big Brother wouldn't let me at work, or my PC was acting up here at home or WHATEVER. FINALLY, I can see it up close and personal, and I think it's just perfect! This should be yet ANOTHER TNT. :o)
emo said... (2/16/09 10:41 PM) Reply
This looks great! I've had really good luck with this pattern by using the view "E" collar, which is not really a collar but just a kind of stand-collar thing. But this looks great just as is!
AnneMarie60 said... (2/16/09 10:17 PM) Reply
I love the way this blouse looks on you. I have this pattern, and you've made me excited to try it. I especially like the clean look you achieved by forgoing the topstitching. Great review.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/16/09 10:17 PM) Reply
NICE Blog!! Cute name, too!!
Christas said... (2/16/09 9:05 PM) Reply
You look beautiful in this! I KNOW that purple is your color!
Re Becca said... (2/16/09 8:45 PM) Reply
Love the color. I like the collar on you. I have this pattern, but I didn't get past the muslin. You make this look so good.
Karen8320 said... (2/16/09 7:25 PM) Reply
Louella, Nothing compares 2 this. What a lovely shirt this is and the darts give it a really nice shape. This color looks great on you - a purple reign most definitely. The collar looks fine in your photo but only you know what you like and what you don't. You look fabulous in this shirt!
ryan's mom said... (2/16/09 6:48 PM) Reply
I really like this top on you--love the color, the buttons, and the style. Those subgroup pattern pieces drive me crazy, especially when I simply want to morph the pattern between sizes. Then I have to hunt down two pieces and superimpose them to create a third usable piece. What a waste of time! Think I had to do that with Simplicity 4047, a wrap dress.
ryan's mom said... (2/16/09 6:31 PM) Reply
pterion said... (2/16/09 5:33 PM) Reply
A majestic shirt worthy of Prince and King. It looks terrific in purple, the cuffs are fab, and you got an awesome fit!
Seamingly Simple said... (2/16/09 5:00 PM) Reply
You look way more dashing than Prince in purple. I really like these cuffs on you.
Kellie R. said... (2/16/09 4:56 PM) Reply
Your version turned out lovely! I love the color and I'm glad you adjusted the darts for more ease. You look marvelous!!!!!!!
Michelle L said... (2/16/09 4:45 PM) Reply
Beatuiful shirt!! I adore the purple...so vibrant! I have noticed the same thing with the sizing and pattern pieces with a lot of New Look patterns. I don't know what is up with that!
glenj said... (2/16/09 4:35 PM) Reply
maybe the pattern pieces are printed that way for so that cutting lines aren't as confusing.If it's an easy pattern they might have thought that cutting out with definition between sizes would be better for beginners ?who knows! Any way still a nice top
crazygrad said... (2/16/09 3:52 PM) Reply
Looks great! uh huh huh...

Petite Plus D202 DVD