Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4080 (Geisha Kimono)

Reviewed by:cammyland

About cammylandstar
Member since: 1/18/07
Posted on:2/16/09 5:00 PM
Last Updated:2/16/09 5:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes

bubberly55 said... (10/27/14 8:16 PM) Reply
Hi, I am making the this pattern now for a Kimono for my 21 y.o. daughter who is studying Japanese and loves all things Japanese. She picked a cream and pink brocade for the kimono and a beautiful green brocade for the obi (it matches the leaves in the pinkish brocade. Did you find the length to be o.k. or did you have to alter for it. My daughter is 5'5.5" and I usually have to adjust quite a bit. I hate to waste this beautiful brocade. This is going to be an expensive costume, but she plans to take it to Japan when she goes there for a semester of study.
kirilee said... (3/20/09 4:53 AM) Reply
This is soooo beautiful! The fabrics you used are just perfect. Shame it was so hard to construct, but my-o-my, it was worth it from where I'm sitting. It looks very authentic. Huge kudos mate! Well done!
luellen said... (2/20/09 3:09 PM) Reply
It looks really great. I have this pattern for years but still haven't try it. I just bought the fabric and getting ready to start.
cindyann said... (2/17/09 8:06 AM) Reply
Wow, that is just beautiful! Wonderful project. Thank you so much for the kimono information. You've piqued my interest.
valerie sews said... (2/17/09 6:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful kimono pattern and yours is very authentic looking. You make me want to make one for myself....
cammyland said... (2/17/09 0:04 AM) Reply
Nancy Rhodes::Thanks soooo much for the link! Those kimonos are *breath taking*! Something I want to check out in the future! Thanks so much for your comment <3 Try out the pattern, if you get stuck send me an email (onlyinjapan@gmail.com) and good luck ;]
christea said... (2/16/09 10:37 PM) Reply
wow-just---wow.
Christas said... (2/16/09 10:07 PM) Reply
OH my! This is really beautiful! I would have no place to wear something like this, but it does not stop me from admiring the beauty of it. Amazing sewing! WOW!
Nancy Rhodes said... (2/16/09 9:55 PM) Reply
Hi Looks like from your bio info you are in Calif. Any chance you were able to see the Itchiku Kubota kimono exhibit in San Diego? It is now in Canton O very near Akron O (my location) and I saw it Saturday. AWESOME to say the least. Link is http://www.kimonoexhibit.com I clicked on your kimono review mostly because of my curiosity about kimonos . the Itchiku Kubota kimonos were not designed to be actually worn.. but I was curious how the layers went together and how they were seamed. Especially the padded rolled multiple hem layers at the bottom. Best part was a sample of the exquisitely dyed and manipulated silk you were allowed to touch!!!!!! I want to make a kimono now too. Thanks for sharing!
Vintage Joan said... (2/16/09 8:52 PM) Reply
This is SO beautiful. Just gorgeous. No wonder you love it! :)
li'l miss muffett said... (2/16/09 7:41 PM) Reply
Really stunning!
sewtime said... (2/16/09 6:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!!!!!!
fourkid said... (2/16/09 6:06 PM) Reply
This is beautiful!!
CShelley said... (2/16/09 6:05 PM) Reply
This is breathtakingly beautiful. Perfect fabrics. Too bad it was such a struggle to construct but the results are worth it. Amazing job!

Simplicity 1891 - 1956 OOP Blouses