Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8087 (Pants)

Reviewed by:DreinPA

About DreinPAstarstar
PA United States
Member since: 4/5/06
Posted on:2/17/09 11:44 AM
See other patterns in this category: Pants    Plus
Vintage Joan said... (2/17/09 2:48 PM) Reply
I agree with Elona, just measure yourself honestly and choose the size according to Burda's chart, then start again. My guess is the fit will be just fine -- many of us have had wonderful results "straight out of the envelope" with Burda pants. Pterion, I haven't found Burda to run small in the hips -- the Burda skirts and pants I've made seem just appropriately curvy enough, and I certainly don't have a flat bum. ;)
Elona said... (2/17/09 1:36 PM) Reply
It is important to use the sizing chart (often on the pattern sheet itself) and measure yourself honestly. Then, rather than choosing a "size," trace along the size lines (plural) that match the various areas of your body. You will find then that Burda does not run small or large; it runs whatever size you actually measure.
pterion said... (2/17/09 11:52 AM) Reply
I sympathize with the frustration on the Burda sizing - I've done the exact same thing (in my case a skirt). I believe Burda must run small in the hips. Good luck with your fitting quest!

All About Linings