Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2009-115 (Jacket #115)

Reviewed by:solosmocker

About solosmockerstarstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 1/23/06
Posted on:2/18/09 9:39 PM
Last Updated:2/19/09 2:46 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Deepika said... (2/23/09 3:03 PM) Reply
I love your jacket. I am making this too so your review is really helpful.
Christas said... (2/20/09 11:46 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks wonderful!
merry-one said... (2/19/09 7:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the fabric.
Heidi Ho said... (2/19/09 4:38 PM) Reply
Great jacket! I love the fabric and you did a great job. I skipped over it when searching last night because I thought it was a "Plus" size pattern. I'm gald you changed the heading and congratulations on such a successful BWOF first!
emo said... (2/19/09 2:55 PM) Reply
Looks wonderful! I liked this in the magazine, but was afraid it would be too short, but it doesn't look like yours is. I guess it goes on the list!
jeanielynn said... (2/19/09 2:43 PM) Reply
Very lovely jacket, glad to have such a good review.
nellc said... (2/19/09 2:39 PM) Reply
Nice Jacket, this is one of the items that I want to sew from this issue of BWOF so it is great to see a review of it.
Beek said... (2/19/09 12:44 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket. I, too, have had my eye on this particular pattern, partly because of the additional instructions. Love that fabric!
Karen6790 said... (2/19/09 12:05 PM) Reply
I just cut this one out last night and wasn't feeling too inspired by my choice, but you've turned me around. This looks great - and welcome to BWOF!
Markie1 said... (2/19/09 11:55 AM) Reply
Solosmocker-once again, you are an inspiration. This was one thing I wanted to make from that issue of Burda--I will follow you once again! Beautiful jacket...
FurGal said... (2/19/09 11:52 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. The fabric coloring is wonderful. I think reading a review from you is like opening a gift. Thank you for sharing with us. Barb
solosmocker said... (2/19/09 9:05 AM) Reply
thanks, Joan. I just fixed it! Thanks all for the great comments.
Kellie R. said... (2/19/09 8:57 AM) Reply
Very pretty - I like the results of the dying. I've never sewn Burda and have one pattern. Your first experience makes me want to try mine!
manola6176 said... (2/19/09 6:13 AM) Reply
I love your discharged fabric And I read more about it in your blog. The jacket looks great and I find your review very useful as I intend to to sew it for my 1st BWOF project. I guess I will follow the same order of construction Thank you
Ann Smith said... (2/19/09 1:37 AM) Reply
Brilliant combination of style and fabric. I love what you have done with your creative discharge treatment.
Vintage Joan said... (2/19/09 0:34 AM) Reply
Interesting take on this jacket! BTW, you indicate in your pattern info. at the top that this is from "Burda Plus," but it's from the regular February 2009 BWOF (and isn't plus). ;) Sorry to be so annoying, lol.
Izzie said... (2/19/09 0:14 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! I love the fabric treatment.
sewtime said... (2/19/09 0:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!! Beautifully done!!
AnneMarie60 said... (2/18/09 11:38 PM) Reply
Welcome to BWOF. I so enjoy seeing your projects. Once again you've created an eye-catching garment. I see your careful attention to detail in the way you laid out the pattern pieces so that mirror images of the dyed shapes match on either side (sleeves, pockets). I also noted your perfect topstitching. I love this jacket. Again, you have inspired me.

Sew Liberated Montessori Child\'s Apron