Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2890 (MISSES' DRESS AND DETACHABLE S)

Reviewed by:wendlesue

About wendlesuestarstarstar
Member since: 3/7/07
Posted on:2/23/09 8:32 AM
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
SoVintage said... (2/6/11 8:02 PM) Reply
Beautifully executed!!!!!!!!!! I just purchased this pattern and LOVED your review....very encouraging! Thank you
pinkcontractor said... (1/7/11 1:18 PM) Reply
I suffer the last minute disease, and since last weekend I made the first of 3 formals and this weekend I am plunging into this one for an event at the end of the month, I now know all the potential pitfalls that await me! Thanks so much for the details!
sfgb said... (5/8/10 9:24 PM) Reply
Fun! Fun! Fun! You are the best Mom.
Kellie R. said... (2/25/09 5:47 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I hope you get some pics of your daughter wearing this stunning dress! I'm impressed with how quickly you made this! Well done!
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/25/09 4:51 PM) Reply
Novice4Now said... (2/24/09 11:36 AM) Reply
I LOVE this pattern and have been waiting for someone to review it. Unfortunately, it's a little beyond my current sewing skills. Great job though!
im2melo4u said... (2/24/09 10:22 AM) Reply
WOW! The dress came out beautifully and your review was excellent.
Erica B. said... (2/23/09 9:44 PM) Reply
That dress is gorgeous! Fabulous job!
ibbizy said... (2/23/09 7:58 PM) Reply
All I can say is BEAUTIFUL!!! Can you make me one just like that?? LOL!!! You did a lovely job!!
aminat said... (2/23/09 3:03 PM) Reply
What a great job you have, a very beautiful dress and higly resourceful mom. Your daughter must be so proud
aminat said... (2/23/09 3:02 PM) Reply

aminat said... (2/23/09 3:02 PM) Reply
What a great job you have done, a very beautiful dress and higly resourceful mom. Your daughter must be so proud
carolynw said... (2/23/09 2:58 PM) Reply
Been following along as you made this and what can I say but WOW!! This could have been on the red carpet last night. Bravo!!
Rhoda K said... (2/23/09 2:45 PM) Reply
Just beautiful - would love to see this on your daughter. You really took on a challenge and came through like a trooper!
EleanorSews said... (2/23/09 2:24 PM) Reply
Isn't this what being the mom is all about? Gorgeous dress, lucky daughter. COngrats on being done with time to breath ~ how often does that happen??? LOL
MissCelie said... (2/23/09 1:54 PM) Reply
Quite beautiful and I could not love the roses more!
Luckylibbet said... (2/23/09 1:04 PM) Reply
Stunning! Thanks for sharing the whole saga - definitely heartstopping thrills, much more exciting than Iron Man! The end result is simply beautiful... excellent job!
FurGal said... (2/23/09 12:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for the wonderful review/story. The dress turned out beautifully.
Mary W said... (2/23/09 11:43 AM) Reply
Great job. I hope she enjoyed the dance
nglalala said... (2/23/09 11:25 AM) Reply
wow! it looks great!
inkstain said... (2/23/09 10:58 AM) Reply
Wendlesue, I opened this blog by suggesting that you were crazy to try this, and I am just astounded at the prodigiously wonderful result. I can only conclude that it was the skipped showed that made all the difference! AND you went to the movies??? Are you trying to give the Continent a heart attack? This was like watching one of those reality shows where you're so afraid you've going to see something that will make you avert your eyes, but in the end we're applauding! WOW!
5sugarplumbs said... (2/23/09 10:50 AM) Reply
Awesome dress. I really liked how you made sleeves to go with this pattern!!! Great idea!!!!
Judy Wentz said... (2/23/09 10:33 AM) Reply
All I can say is WOW! I have been waiting to exhale. Beautiful dress! jw
MaryDB said... (2/23/09 10:18 AM) Reply
Bravo! The dress is fabulous; you did a wonderful job. This was such a fun review - I was in suspense to see how it turned out. It's just great, and I bet it looked terrific on DD.
TalyQ said... (2/23/09 10:18 AM) Reply
Great job!
DaisyEsq said... (2/23/09 10:18 AM) Reply
The dress looks amazing! Thank you for a great review.
renren said... (2/23/09 10:04 AM) Reply
Oh, this is so beautiful! Lucky, lucky daughter! I bet she was the belle of the ball.
wendlesue said... (2/23/09 8:36 AM) Reply
Thanks for your comments everyone! You really kept me going! You are all THE BEST!!!!
KathleenS said... (2/23/09 3:04 AM) Reply
So, did you make it? Are you still sleeping it off?
Allie in Hong Kong said... (2/21/09 11:50 PM) Reply
Eek! I wish I had paid attention to your disclaimer paragraph! Good luck, can't wait to see the finished dress, bet you can't either!
BlossomKyle said... (2/21/09 10:34 PM) Reply
Oooh! I can't wait to hear/read/see how this all turned out! Is she at the dance right now while you are slumped over your sewing machine? ;)
Annette1 said... (2/21/09 7:43 PM) Reply
SO pretty! :o)
FurGal said... (2/21/09 5:22 PM) Reply
Should we make a fire in the fireplace, bring out the drinks and snacks, and have a nice chat while waiting for the finished gown?
Markie1 said... (2/21/09 3:34 PM) Reply
OMG OMG...this is so exciting! I can't wait for the end. This dress is gorgeous, and you have the hardest part done...She will be beautiful.
castout said... (2/21/09 12:42 PM) Reply
It looks beautiful so far! I love the gathers down the front!
Bernadette W said... (2/21/09 12:25 PM) Reply
Been there, done that--should we start a support group?
Rhoda K said... (2/21/09 12:20 PM) Reply
A great idea of taking photos of a black garment in the sun - definitely shows the details alot better.
Elona said... (2/21/09 11:02 AM) Reply
So far, the dress looks beautiful! Holding my breath...
katlew03 said... (2/21/09 10:22 AM) Reply
Been there, done that -- bridesmaids drresses for DD#!'s wedding and then stayed up all night making my own dress--45 min. sleep in two days--I know what you are going through. We always say never again -- until the next time. The dress is going to be beautiful. Can't wait to see the final version.
RottenTots said... (2/21/09 9:57 AM) Reply
I can't wait to read the rest. Mama-sewers everywhere are laughing because we've been in similar situations!
elanor said... (2/21/09 9:15 AM) Reply
Did you ever know that you are my hero...Best of luck. Everyone knows procrastinators are the most efficient people on earth - can you imagine getting all this done without a deadline?
LoriU said... (2/21/09 1:12 AM) Reply
I love this story - I work best under deadlines, too! And your toile looks great - I would love to have somewhere to wear this dress - Good Luck!!
emo said... (2/20/09 2:28 PM) Reply
32 pieces in the bodice?! That's crazy. I can't wait to see how it comes out...
FurGal said... (2/20/09 1:13 PM) Reply
Oh really do it to yourself, don't you? lol I can't wait to see the finished product, the pattern is lovely. When my sister and I were little girls, Mom would wait until the Saturday night before Easter to begin sewing our Easter dresses. I was always terrified we would not have a pretty new dress for Easter, she always came through with beautiful dresses. I don't know how she did it!
Mary W said... (2/20/09 1:01 PM) Reply
Good Luck ,I hope everything goes well
Mahler said... (2/20/09 12:53 PM) Reply
All my energy is with you !
Rhoda K said... (2/20/09 12:12 PM) Reply
Good luck on getting it finished and I, too, look forward to the finished product.
Byrdie said... (2/20/09 10:52 AM) Reply
I can't wait to see the finished dress. You can do it! My mom always procrastinated too when she was making me things... even if I did tell her a month ahead of time she would wait until the last one or two days. She always managed to produce so I have faith in you:)
Tipseysmum said... (2/20/09 10:45 AM) Reply
another european looking forward to the next update.. good luck.
TalyQ said... (2/20/09 10:22 AM) Reply
I am nervous just reading this, but really looking forward to your results! Another European =)
inkstain said... (2/20/09 9:28 AM) Reply
Are you out of your mind? Warmest best wishes! Europe is watching, tuned in!