Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8118 (Very easy tops)

Reviewed by:CTBarb

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Sweater knit fabrics

CynthiaSue said... (9/1/10 2:28 AM) Reply
congratulations on your wardrobe! this piece is very soft and lovely.
treefrog said... (11/25/09 10:21 PM) Reply
I love the print top. Thanks for the detailed info on how you tackled the fit - it's a big help.
Barbara V said... (11/25/09 8:03 PM) Reply
Great looking top. I like the changes you made for a really nice fit. The tie adds a nice touch to the front.
Heatherrique said... (2/21/09 5:27 PM) Reply
Very nice review! Your top looks great! It was coincidental that I revisited this pattern just before I read your review. I sewed this in a rayon woven and I noticed that the back sleeve was a tad longer than the back armscye. So I could imagine this being exaggerated when working with a knit.
CTBarb said... (2/21/09 11:20 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the positive encouragment. I shoulld write a review of the tops I made before I got Vogue 8572 to work! But they were so ghastly that I threw them away!!!!....lol.... My biggest mistake was choosing the pattern size by my bust size (24-26).....I have to choose it by my shoulder width and neck length.
carolynw said... (2/21/09 9:59 AM) Reply
Good looking top - interesting pattern - can't understand why I passed it by.
mssewcrazy said... (2/21/09 8:36 AM) Reply
I think I bought this pattern with my daughter in mind when someone else reviewed it- at least I hope I did. Using a stretch fabric was a good idea since I would need to size up. I seem to love your tops that you review. Nice work!
Heidi Ho said... (2/20/09 11:13 PM) Reply
Very nice top!
Christas said... (2/20/09 8:37 PM) Reply
This looks very nice on you! I love the pattern and wish I had noticed it at the last Vogue sale!
EleanorSews said... (2/20/09 7:35 PM) Reply
I love the way this looks on you! To think I by-passed this pattern last time on sale. Ah, but another sale is around the corner... Your review is so full of useful info for adjustments. Thanks for taking the time...
Annette1 said... (2/20/09 6:47 PM) Reply
What a great review! I hadn't even NOTICED this pattern until I saw yours, and now I seem to think I can't live without it. :o) Very inspiring!
Diana M said... (2/20/09 4:36 PM) Reply
So much for the "very easy tops," huh? Excellent review, and nice looking top. Thank you.
melissa sews said... (2/20/09 4:15 PM) Reply
Nice top! Very good fit, too. And thanks for the detailed review.
renren said... (2/20/09 3:01 PM) Reply
How nice to have the sloper to work with and you've done a really fine job with all these alterations as suggested by your sloper. Thanks for taking the time to write such a complete review.

by: prttynpnk