Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> B4976 (Chetta B wrap dress)

Reviewed by:pfaffkj

About pfaffkj
TN United States
Member since: 7/28/05
Posted on:2/20/09 4:07 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Vireya said... (3/21/09 3:18 AM) Reply
The dress looks lovely. I have exactly the same problem with wrap designs - I have to sew them shut. Don't know if it is something to do with my shape, the fabric, or what, but they just won't stay in place for me.
velosewer said... (2/24/09 10:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for making up this dress. I've been mulling over whether to buy it or not. I recently used fold over elastic on a similar top and the girls stay put, because of the fold over elastic.
Secretsugar said... (2/21/09 2:28 PM) Reply
This is a very flattering dress on you. Too bad about the gaping front. I have trouble with that on wrap tops, but that's because I have very little chest.
carolynw said... (2/21/09 9:56 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful and the fabric adds an extra touch of OOMPH!! I find in these wrap patterns that shortening the overlaps helps to keep it close to the body - I slash the pattern pieces and overlap about 1" and alter any facings accordingly.
Em's Summer said... (2/21/09 7:45 AM) Reply
This is a very pretty dress! I love it! You should definitely make it again. And if you want to try another great wrap dress pattern, try Vogue 8379.
jannw said... (2/21/09 0:08 AM) Reply
Nice to see a dress pattern for wovens, seems like its all knits..love the fabric and the dress on you.
Christas said... (2/20/09 10:17 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress. It looks very nice on you!
Laurie Lou said... (2/20/09 5:11 PM) Reply
Cute, I have this pattern also...thanks for the detail on the facing...I always wonder how I will finish this neck edge...you gave me something to think about when I take it out to do. Love your fabric..gorgeous colors.
Diana M said... (2/20/09 4:41 PM) Reply
I love your fabric! Signals an end of winter. Thank you for the comprehensive review.
melissa sews said... (2/20/09 4:11 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! Thanks for the detailed review. I want to try this style of dress soon. It fits you so nicely!

Sis Boom Agnes Tunic

by: gloobella

Japanese Pattern Books #6 - Men's Pea Coat

by: Peter in N...

You Sew Girl Tulip Dress Pattern

You Sew Girl Tulip Dress Pattern

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)