Pattern Reviews> McCall's> M5668 (Jacket - Nancy Ziem)

Reviewed by:KathySews

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

mssewcrazy said... (8/19/09 8:56 AM) Reply
I love how this looks on you. Make lots of them. I was on a road trip and bought .99 mccalls at Hobby Lobby on Monday- sadly this one was not one of them. Next time I will add this one to my pattern collection for sure. Your coworkers probably are jealous that you are making such nice clothes- ignore them totally.
KathySews said... (2/22/09 3:15 PM) Reply
Debbie, rounded collar is a great idea. I also plan to face with a complimentary fabric for a different look.
janet said... (2/22/09 11:03 AM) Reply
I think your jacket is fabulous! Great fit!! I look forward to more great reviews.
Debbie Cook said... (2/22/09 11:03 AM) Reply
Nice jacket. I love the collar, one of my favorite styles. Great fit. Definitely make multiples. Different fabrics and no one will know it's the same pattern. You could also easily round the collar points into more of a shawl shape for a completely different look.
KathySews said... (2/22/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Sherril, what I really need is a better photographer ;-)
Robin S said... (2/22/09 10:21 AM) Reply
Very cute and good fitting jacket.
EleanorSews said... (2/21/09 9:40 PM) Reply
Nice jacket style! It is a classic look and fits you well. Agree with the need to a closure of some sort. That collar is especially nice because it doesn't over power you but frames your face nicely. Yes, you porbably could make a couple more and no one would notice because you look so nice in your jacket and that's what they will see.
cecelia said... (2/21/09 9:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I've been wanting to see how it looks made up. I agree about lining the entire jacket & look forward to your next version.
Annette1 said... (2/21/09 8:02 PM) Reply
I've been wanting to see this one made up. I REALLY like the silhouette of this jacket. Yours has turned out beautifully! I can't wait to see your next versions. :o)
Sherril Miller said... (2/21/09 7:24 PM) Reply
I like the shape of the collar on this jacket too. I hope you get some closures on it because this jacket is definitely a keeper. Next time you'll use the good fabric and a lining and you'll be much happier. Can we see the happy face next time too?
Christas said... (2/21/09 6:07 PM) Reply