Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2009-129

Member since: 9/2/03
Posted on:2/22/09 3:54 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
CynthiaSue said... (3/16/09 3:47 PM) Reply
oops, i missed this! and this is one of my "must makes"!! this is adorably and the tip about the elastic is perfect. i don't like sewing over elastic. period. i love your greyish tone color and it looks fabulously sewn!
amy in mpls said... (3/4/09 3:21 PM) Reply
I love this top too and had problems with my muslin and the elastic. It would break or slip through my casing. I think i will use your approach and continue, thanks for giving me inspiration again!
jeanielynn said... (2/25/09 9:29 AM) Reply
Love, your blouse, over looked that pattern entirely, I will take a second look. How inspiring !
Erin Sooit said... (2/24/09 5:23 PM) Reply
Love that blouse! Thank you for pointing out the zip on the side. I'm not fond of side seam zippers, and i wonder if this could be made in a knit fabric? You did a great job using the silk though.
mochimo said... (2/23/09 10:11 AM) Reply
Lovely! I bought the February issue of BWOF because of this top. Just waiting for my sewing skills to get better...
wendlesue said... (2/23/09 9:10 AM) Reply
Stunning top! Beautiful in that olive silk.
figtree said... (2/23/09 4:44 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review, I hope to make it and didnt realize it was a mock wrap over! Thanks for the elastic tips.
Mahler said... (2/22/09 9:11 PM) Reply
As usal, I am amazed by your creations (I am not over the peacock feather fabric.. so beautiful). This is a great top !!
morzel said... (2/22/09 4:25 PM) Reply
Very beautiful top!
sewbehind said... (2/22/09 1:12 PM) Reply
Very nice top. You did a great job.
Twinset said... (2/22/09 12:18 PM) Reply
Very nice top, great choice of fabric! Thanks for reviewing this!
jent said... (2/22/09 12:16 PM) Reply
I wasn't sure about this top when I got my issue of BWOF, but yours is so pretty I think I'll have to try it now!
Izzie said... (2/22/09 11:40 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see the skirt you're making to go with it.
Heidi Ho said... (2/22/09 11:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful top. I would love to see a picture of you modelling it. I fell in love with it when I saw it in the magazine though I'm afraid I may be too tall for the style.
Heatherrique said... (2/22/09 11:25 AM) Reply
Darling top! Thanks for the tips!
sewtime said... (2/22/09 11:04 AM) Reply
Cute Top, love the design, I would probably want more that one of the blouse!
kasizzle said... (2/22/09 10:33 AM) Reply
Great looking top!
Re Becca said... (2/22/09 10:32 AM) Reply
Very cute! I hadn't noticed the side zipper in this, they are kind of a pain. Thanks for the tips on the elastic.
AnneMarie60 said... (2/22/09 10:09 AM) Reply
I didn't notice this top when I flipped through my Burda, but I would have had a photo of your gorgeous garment been included! Lovely top. Thanks for the helpful hints.
Elemenopeo said... (2/22/09 9:44 AM) Reply
emo said... (2/22/09 9:33 AM) Reply
This is beautiful -- I didn't even see it in the magazine!
Christas said... (2/22/09 9:27 AM) Reply
As soon as I got the newest issue I loved this design. I LOVE it sewn in olive! This is just beautiful. This was already on my list to make. Your lovely top made me move it up closer to the top of the very LONG list I have. Sooo pretty!
Beek said... (2/22/09 9:16 AM) Reply
Very cute! The fabric makes it look so soft and rich.
Judy Wentz said... (2/22/09 9:09 AM) Reply
Lovely top. jw
Meggie LuLu said... (2/22/09 9:09 AM) Reply
OH!!! What a PRETTY top!! I LOVE the color of your fabric!! It is just PERFECT for this top!!
angie.a said... (2/22/09 9:07 AM) Reply
Looks very pretty. I loved this in the issue too.
CShelley said... (2/22/09 8:27 AM) Reply
I love your top. Very feminine and pretty.
Vonnevo said... (2/22/09 8:05 AM) Reply
Allie, your top is gorgeous !!!! Thanks for a great review :)
kerrynw said... (2/22/09 6:41 AM) Reply
Your finished top looks lovely! I was looking for a pattern to test out some shirring, so will give it a go.
sewingstacy said... (2/22/09 6:23 AM) Reply
really nice top!
Sigrid. said... (2/22/09 4:44 AM) Reply
this turned out very nice. I want to make this when summer comes here. Thanks for the tips on the elastic.
Natasha B said... (2/22/09 4:08 AM) Reply
Really pretty top! I was looking forward to your review when you blogged you were making it, so thanks for the elastic advice!