Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design> 04-2006-19 (Wraparound Jacket)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:2/22/09 6:51 PM

RuthieSews said... (4/17/09 4:51 PM) Reply
What a great little top :-)
lucylal said... (4/11/09 8:21 AM) Reply
Great little top. I have been planning to make this for my daughters for a while. You have motivated me. Can i say too, your daughter sews so well. I sewed with my 8yo daughter for the first time 2 days ago, and she did a great job. You and meggie lulu have encouraged me to keep this up. Thanks!!
maidathome said... (2/23/09 3:18 PM) Reply
Cute cute cute! You can't go wrong with a Bernina! I have the 1300 and love it.
AmyG said... (2/23/09 12:55 PM) Reply
This looks wonderful! Now I want to make the skirt again for my daughter! It was always one of my favorites. And that jacket is absolutely perfect with it.
Secretsugar said... (2/23/09 12:29 PM) Reply
Adorable jacket! And what a cutie this daughter is, too!
Nana39 said... (2/23/09 10:32 AM) Reply
this jacket was very nice and looked great on Margaret Anne .
pterion said... (2/23/09 10:00 AM) Reply
What an adorable little top! I love the ruffle hem. The whole outfit looks very sweet.
Peggy L said... (2/23/09 7:47 AM) Reply
That is as cute as it can be and I love your use of the coverstitch. She'll be able to wear it lots of different ways.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (2/23/09 5:14 AM) Reply
Christa..this is so cute and very stylish! Love it!
poplin said... (2/23/09 0:19 AM) Reply
I too need to start using the coverstitch feature on my Bernina serger. Nice pictures!
Christas said... (2/23/09 0:06 AM) Reply
Merry-one, Oh my goodness! I can't believe you haven't used the coverstitch part of your machine! Please get it out and have fun with it. It makes such a pretty coverstitch!
merry-one said... (2/22/09 10:06 PM) Reply
That's the one I have. I've used every other stich but the coverstich. You've now inspired be to get off my tush. I agree the manual is not that good. I had to go on the internet to figure out how to adjust the tension to do gathering. Keep up the great work.
Annette1 said... (2/22/09 9:57 PM) Reply
DANG, and DOUBLE DANG!
Christas said... (2/22/09 9:10 PM) Reply
Annette, the fabric was some in my stash from March 2008 (I think), but since I already had the shrug cut out before the contest I don't think I can count it.
Annette1 said... (2/22/09 9:04 PM) Reply
I just think this is SO cute. It's TOO NICE to be called a SHRUG, if you ask me. Shouldn't this qualify for the STASH CONTEST if you've had it on the backburner for four months? :o)
Christas said... (2/22/09 7:44 PM) Reply
Hi Mahler! Yes, they did size it up for adults! Here is the link. I bought a Bernina 1300MDC coverstitch/serger. I really love it, but am disappointed with the manual. The stitch quality is wonderful and it is fairly easy to switch from the serger to coverstitch although it does take a few minutes to do it. Thanks everyone for the nice comments!
Catbird said... (2/22/09 7:36 PM) Reply
Precious, priceless, perfect!!
sewtime said... (2/22/09 7:22 PM) Reply
So cute!!
Mahler said... (2/22/09 7:17 PM) Reply
Beautiful !!! Did they size it up for adults. This is a great pattern. Impeccable confection ! What coverstitch/serger machine did you buy ? I am thinking about that as well.
merry-one said... (2/22/09 7:15 PM) Reply
Adorable! I love your use of the coverstitch. I've had my serger/coverstich for 2 years and haven't used it yet. Will have to get moving. Love the style.
Mufffet said... (2/22/09 7:14 PM) Reply
Very cute outfit, and such a nice wrap top! Looks like a little school uniform set!

StyleArc Twiggy Dress