Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2009-123 (Wrap-over blouse)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:3/1/09 10:08 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

cindy-lou said... (3/4/09 8:49 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous wrap top! I don't usually drawn to this type of top; you changed my mind.
sewbarbie said... (3/4/09 1:03 AM) Reply
I just stitched up a muslin and am at a crossroads about making it in fashion fabric, now that I've seen your version, I will. Your husband chose a beautiful fabric!
AuntieShel said... (3/3/09 8:02 PM) Reply
GREAT top!!!! And 10" of new fallen snow is music to my ears. By the time I got to Apple Annie Fabrics for my sewing class, she had sold out of this issue of Burda WOF in ONE day. There are so many gorgeous things in it. Thanks for sharing (and standing in the snow.)
Lynz said... (3/2/09 4:47 PM) Reply
Did you have to do such a lovely job? Now I have to add another project to my list!
Jali said... (3/2/09 11:50 AM) Reply
This is just lovely on you! It just screams stylish.
VtMartha said... (3/2/09 7:39 AM) Reply
You wear this very well! I love it!
kerrynw said... (3/2/09 5:25 AM) Reply
Looks fantastic! Your husband has good taste in fabric/prints.
mochimo said... (3/2/09 4:06 AM) Reply
I love anything that is wrapped and has waist ties. But (looking at the magazine photo) I thought this top was really nothing special. Wrong! Yours looks wonderful!
Catbird said... (3/1/09 8:24 PM) Reply
Your husband gets a gold star or maybe an entire constellation and you get a round of applause for this great top! I like this pattern too and have been plotting what to do with it. You guys are a great team!
Karla Kizer said... (3/1/09 6:05 PM) Reply
That is fantastic. What a great look.
Sew4Fun said... (3/1/09 5:50 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top! It looks lovely on you.
Em's Summer said... (3/1/09 5:44 PM) Reply
This is soo chic!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/1/09 3:12 PM) Reply
Dawn, you are absolutely Alaskan Cool in this stylish, upscale top! The fabric is smashing (thanks to DH), the design cutting edge, and the silhouette so perfectly suited to your tiny, shapely body. And here's my formal 'thank you' for standing in the snow to show us - brrrr. This is really special; make more of them. Lovely, Lily
EleanorSews said... (3/1/09 2:28 PM) Reply
Simply elegant! Great top. You sew up some wonderful garments. I was wondering about your outdoor pose ~ it has to be a bit chilly in AK. Your DH sounds like a real keeper ~ not only does he bring you fabric but he brings you nice fabric!
solosmocker said... (3/1/09 2:23 PM) Reply
This looks great wonderful on you. Your hubby has great taste!
JamieLiz said... (3/1/09 1:44 PM) Reply
I saw this BWOF pattern and immediately loved it but didn't think it was for me. You've done a beautiful job using this fabric for it. I might have to reconsider for myself now. Thanks for the review.
mars418 said... (3/1/09 1:20 PM) Reply
Love the top and all the fabric your DH bought!! Do you know where he bought it?? I'm going to Houston in a week to visit my family and would love to check it out! Thanks for the great review.
crisford said... (3/1/09 1:03 PM) Reply
Very elegant, nice job with the gauze!
AdaF said... (3/1/09 1:01 PM) Reply
Stunning top. Very nice fabric. Your husband must know your taste well!
angie.a said... (3/1/09 12:39 PM) Reply
LOL! You're so generous for us. :D This looks completely fabulous. Great fabric choice.
CarolynGM said... (3/1/09 12:34 PM) Reply
Your husband has amazing taste in fabric. It's perfect for this gorgeous top.
CatMukai said... (3/1/09 11:53 AM) Reply
I <3 <3 <3 this! I didn't give it a second look in the magazine, but your fabric has given it a new look!
amy in mpls said... (3/1/09 11:44 AM) Reply
Oh, yeah... This is the perfect project for that amazing fabric. Good Job Mr. Cabinbaby!!
Elona said... (3/1/09 11:31 AM) Reply
What a great-looking top, and what I husband to have got you the fabric! In addition to being a sweetie, the man has a terrific eye for color and design.
dbsewer said... (3/1/09 11:00 AM) Reply
Your Husband Buys You Fabric??? EEEEEk. Can we get a clone? Seriously, you are a very fortunate woman. Love the top and the colors are just great on you.
marec said... (3/1/09 10:48 AM) Reply
Of all the beautiful clothes I have seen from you, this one is perhaps my favorite. What terrific fabric and style.
nellc said... (3/1/09 10:47 AM) Reply
This is a lovely top, it looks great in that print.
layla said... (3/1/09 10:45 AM) Reply
What a great idea for printed gauze fabrics ... I never would have thought to try this combination .. looks chic and casual at the same time.
Pattern Junkie said... (3/1/09 10:41 AM) Reply
Wow, it's just gorgeous...and your hubby has great taste in fabric!
BlossomKyle said... (3/1/09 10:20 AM) Reply
Oooh! So nice! Great print and great job--and you are lucky to have a husband who buys you fabric!!

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-109

by: Lynnelle

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Liberated Schoolhouse Tunic