Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2008-115 (Blouse w/ruched collar)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:3/3/09 9:18 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 8 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
QuiltSewSewSue said... (5/31/09 1:25 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. I love this blouse and am glad to see it works for a small busted person. Your blouse looks terrific!
cindy-lou said... (3/4/09 11:34 PM) Reply
Dang... VERY cute!
Annette1 said... (3/4/09 10:40 PM) Reply
I agree! Your idea of using the tie silk on the undercollar and cuffs make this oh-so-flattering blouse a real stand-out. I love it!
mylittleelephant said... (3/4/09 6:49 PM) Reply
I didn't even notice this shirt in the issue! Great, great take of this pattern, thank you so much for the review.
Katharine in BXL said... (3/4/09 3:16 PM) Reply
Wow, that is spiffy! You look sharp.
Byrdie said... (3/4/09 2:33 PM) Reply
Great looking blouse- fits nicely.
Erica B. said... (3/4/09 2:18 PM) Reply
I love that blouse! I think the button placement is great!
Fran G said... (3/4/09 8:14 AM) Reply
After reading your wonderful review and all of the lovely comments, I'm not sure that I have anything original to say, but that is not going to stop me!! What a fabulous blouse..your idea of using the silk tie fabric on the collar and cuffs is genius. The fit is very flattering..like the peplum effect and the way you used the buttons. Love everything about it. A great inspiration for all!
kerrynw said... (3/4/09 6:27 AM) Reply
Cute blouse! I love your use of contrast fabrics and the button detail. Fantastic!
Huldra said... (3/4/09 3:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! l love the peplum effect. I had not noticed this one in the magazine, but now I want to make it!
FreyaStark said... (3/4/09 2:40 AM) Reply
A clever and creative approach, and a smart and distinctive blouse. Well done.
SusiM said... (3/4/09 0:49 AM) Reply
Really cute!! It looks great on you. Thanks for the review.
Sewnsewmom said... (3/4/09 0:17 AM) Reply
Love the blouse! And that collar. What can I say? It's fabulous!
Sherril Miller said... (3/3/09 10:17 PM) Reply
Very clever blouse. I don't know which detail I like better, the tie accents, the release pleat in the front, or the button grouping. Anyway, I'm sure to steal these details for future blouses I plan to make. Yours is so wonderful.
Kay Y said... (3/3/09 8:46 PM) Reply
This looks fabulous on you - another winner shirt from WOF. Beautiful details, nice call to improve the fit; I'm thinking you have abandoned your slapdash ways.
Jill Giard said... (3/3/09 8:44 PM) Reply
Love it!! Great detailing in the contrast fabric and button spacing.
Natasha B said... (3/3/09 8:02 PM) Reply
What a great blouse - fab fabrics and excellent button details. The fit looks just perfect for you (I personally like to see good smallk bust patterns as well!). The finished result suits you enourmously - congratulations on a perfect fabric, pattern and personality mesh!
Heatherrique said... (3/3/09 6:48 PM) Reply
Sensational looking shirt, NiceGirl! You look great!
Izzie said... (3/3/09 5:52 PM) Reply
Awesome blouse! I love the collar detail and the unusual button placement. It looks fabulous on you. Great review!!!
Puddin Pop said... (3/3/09 5:08 PM) Reply
The way you fixed the back, makes it look amazing. Love the pleats and the long length, also. That skirt looks great with it.
MissCelie said... (3/3/09 5:06 PM) Reply
You don't need me to tell you that this is FABULOUS!
Karen6790 said... (3/3/09 2:45 PM) Reply
Much better than the magazine version. I recently used the two-by-two buttons on a man's shirt and think it's a wonderful detail - especially since you always use such fabulous buttons.
wendlesue said... (3/3/09 2:14 PM) Reply
Such a clever combination of fabrics!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/3/09 1:50 PM) Reply
Trina, you really have a "blouse body" and this one is spectacular with its body conscious upper tailoring, exotic collar and tie silk accents. Also love the twin settings of buttons. BWOF should use you/yours as its model b/c your interpretation puts BWOF's to shame. (Thanks again for your recent Flickr help; deeply appreciated.) Lovely, Lily
nellc said... (3/3/09 1:37 PM) Reply
Really nice shirt, I like the contrast of the tie silk trim you have used.
Amanda S. said... (3/3/09 1:28 PM) Reply
I thought this blouse was ugly in the magazine, but I LOVE yours! And I completely misses the shirred collar detail. Cute fabric choice as well, and I like the buttons in groups of two. Guess I'll have to add this to my never-ending list. Thanks for the inspiration!
Deepika said... (3/3/09 12:25 PM) Reply
Trena, you've done it again. This blouse makes me want to drop everything and go home and sew. Love the contrast silk tie in the collar. That really MAKES this blouse.
frame said... (3/3/09 11:44 AM) Reply
Very nice! Great idea to turn the back pleats into darts. Looks very nice and fitted.
SueV said... (3/3/09 11:20 AM) Reply
Nice! Like this blouse. This may be the one for my white 3/4 sleeve blouse that I *need*. Like the button detail and the contrast.
EleanorSews said... (3/3/09 11:20 AM) Reply
You've taken a simple blouse up a notch or two with with contrast and the grouping of buttons. Sew smart!
Mufffet said... (3/3/09 11:07 AM) Reply
SO glad you could easily take care of the back billowing! Lovely shirt - love the collar underfabric!
BeeBeeSew said... (3/3/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Very cute and quite witty. Nice touches to make it unique.
Jali said... (3/3/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Very nice! The magazine version looks boring compared to your cool shirt. Yours looks smart and fun. Wonderfully done details.
Sew Shy said... (3/3/09 10:21 AM) Reply
This is a great looking blouse on you - I especially love the trim on the collar and sleeves - what a fabulous idea!
Twinset said... (3/3/09 10:18 AM) Reply
This is so nice! Love the color combination of the 2 fabrics together; beautiful shirt!
amy in mpls said... (3/3/09 10:09 AM) Reply
Brilliant! Love the menswear witty detail!
cabinbaby said... (3/3/09 10:04 AM) Reply
I love that blouse. I have that halfway made but the darts were giving me fits too. That and I cut it out in a too large size. Your review has given me hope. Thank you!
renren said... (3/3/09 9:43 AM) Reply
Oh, yes . . . hunchback billowing . . .NOT the hot new look for spring! Love your blouse with its perfect creative touch using Fabric Mart tie silks!

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-1996-417