Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2008-118 (tunic dress (shortened to top))

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
NA UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:3/3/09 10:32 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Speech girl said... (3/6/09 2:19 PM) Reply
Your top is lovely--well worth all the trouble your fabric gave you.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (3/3/09 5:21 PM) Reply
I love that top! I will have to go back and have another look at this pattern.
Geordie Girl said... (3/3/09 2:38 PM) Reply
This came out great. I also think I like your shorter version better
lilyofthevalley said... (3/3/09 1:41 PM) Reply
Squirrellypoo, It was brilliant to shorten this tunic to top length; all the design interest is really concentrated up at your face. Wool jersey is one of my favorite fabrics but yes, it can be a stinker as it does like to curl and wave. To tame my hems, I first secure the hem in place with double sided fusible tape (not sure what it would be called in UK) - and then stitch on top of the fusible double tape, lifting the presser foot frequently to minimize the "waves." You've inspired me to take a good long look at this pretty tunic/top. Lovely, Lily
michellep74 said... (3/3/09 1:00 PM) Reply
I love this as a top--a very cute and comfortable-looking top!
pterion said... (3/3/09 11:26 AM) Reply
Love this style. It looks wonderful on you. Great photo.
squirrellypoo said... (3/3/09 11:05 AM) Reply
hahah, RenRen you're hilarious! Yeah I hadn't thought about showing off my (under)wares like that! And yes, that is the Thames behind, and it looks like the tide was going out, judging by the scrap of mud in the corner... (and a coverstitch machine is on my birthday list, fingers crossed!!)
EleanorSews said... (3/3/09 11:05 AM) Reply
Just might be that this style works just as well if not better as a top. Nice style with lots of possibilities for wear.
renren said... (3/3/09 10:41 AM) Reply
Here we see the Lady in White with the Thames (I presume) in the background. Great job as usual. I can't help you with your hem, but once I used spray adhesive to good effect. These other folks will probably recommend a coverstitch machine. As far as the "Hey, here's my bra syndrome," as I recall you made a beautiful black/blue lace bra recently . . . so any of the HMBS will probably be met with "Nice top, smashing bra!" If I had a bra that lovely, I probably would be tempted to let it show!

StyleArc Marni Ponti Jacket