Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7881 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE PANTS)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:3/3/09 9:27 PM
Last Updated:5/1/11 3:20 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
manola6176 said... (5/5/11 9:36 AM) Reply
Great review and perfectly fitted trousers.
Seamingly Simple said... (5/2/11 12:00 PM) Reply
Wow, you don't need another pants pattern: this one is perfect for you. Thanks for the commentary about underlining; I think I'll have to try this.
Christas said... (5/1/11 6:00 PM) Reply
Flawless! These look absolutely amazing. EXCELLENT review!
Elona said... (5/1/11 5:44 PM) Reply
These are really exquisite pants, Kay. The hang is gorgeous.
Clareew said... (5/1/11 4:34 PM) Reply
Wow, I am inspired. What a fabulous fit.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (5/1/11 4:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful sewing and finishing, Kay!! Doesn't "hurt" a bit that you've a wonderfully exercised, beautiful body to "wear 'em in"!! Kudos for both projects ;)
Nancywin said... (5/1/11 4:07 PM) Reply
These pants (all the pairs) look great. I have this pattern, but have not gotten up the nerve to make them - LOL. Yours are very inspiring
persevering said... (4/30/09 5:52 PM) Reply
Oh my! I just rechecked back and saw that you had edited your review answering my questions, but I hadn't realized at the time. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Markie1 said... (3/6/09 7:02 PM) Reply
Your sewing is beautiful and you are what I aspire to be. What a beautiful couture-looking suit you have made.
Catbird said... (3/6/09 4:43 PM) Reply
These are an inspiration -- such beautiful fit and workmanship! Thank you for such a helpful review. And the whole ensemble looks fantastic.
Rhoda K said... (3/6/09 3:32 PM) Reply
I've debated on this pattern, but your great review has convinced me to give it a try. Beautiful slacks!
Athene said... (3/5/09 10:23 PM) Reply
Such a wonderful fit - love reading your reviews.
persevering said... (3/5/09 11:58 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for your review: inspiring, professional and so helpful. You are stunning in the photo with the jacket! Can you please tell me advise me - you chose to underline - my 2 questions are: - (1) Why? vs lining & (2) To how far down did you underline?
Annette1 said... (3/4/09 10:26 PM) Reply
Such BEAUTIFUL pants, which look SO nice on you. All of your finishing details are perfection and a joy to see. I really love the finish on that waistband. The FIT couldn't be any better.
Mahler said... (3/4/09 9:43 PM) Reply
Ahh ha ! You chose the pants at the end. Those are great. I really like how the waistband is finished inside. It looks very sleek and professional. The fit is excellent. It is surprising to see this back without darts. The effect with the jacket is very business and superb. Those pants were a great choice.
marjenann said... (3/4/09 5:10 PM) Reply
Awesome, fantastic!! And with the jacket, to die for!!!!
Judy Wentz said... (3/4/09 12:52 PM) Reply
Your actual stitching always LOOKS so awesome and the inside looks as good as the outside of the garment. Thank you for being such a good example. jw
Luckylibbet said... (3/4/09 11:52 AM) Reply
Exquisite work! Thoroughly documented, too. Boy, the whole ensemble is just great. Thanks!
Sigrid. said... (3/4/09 11:05 AM) Reply
Kay, you convinced me that I "need" this pattern. If not for fit, then for the instructions. They look wonderful, outside and inside and a perfect match to your jacket.
Patti B said... (3/4/09 9:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful sewing! I'll have to try the couture waistband too. You are very right that some fabrics don't ease all that well. My last pair of these needed darts because RPL doesn't like to ease.
carolynw said... (3/4/09 8:52 AM) Reply
Kay beautiful work as aways and apair of pants that would beat any designer RTW - bravo!! Your underlining is awesome
Peggy L said... (3/4/09 8:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful inside and out! You make me glad I invested in this pattern.
CarolynGM said... (3/4/09 7:30 AM) Reply
This is a great pattern -- I've made it several times. I haven't tried the couture waistband techniques, but after reading your review, I want to.
Liana said... (3/4/09 0:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful pants and what a great suit with your lovely jacket. Wonderful details. I think I have this pattern too, and I haven't tried it either. I think I'm convinced.
Nancy K said... (3/3/09 10:35 PM) Reply
Great pants, and a great review.
Elona said... (3/3/09 10:27 PM) Reply
Kay, your pants are the very definition of graceful ease.
Riordan said... (3/3/09 10:17 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants--impeccable work (as always)!!!!
Re Becca said... (3/3/09 10:16 PM) Reply
Incredibly informative! These look great inside and out. Great idea using the salvage to avoid a line.
sew2little said... (3/3/09 10:15 PM) Reply
Beautiful fit and workwomanship!
Second Avenue said... (3/3/09 9:48 PM) Reply
Hello Kay, Great pants and lovely workmanship. I have V7881 and have been meaning to try it. You have inspired me. If you ever come to Ottawa, visit Darrell Thomas Fabrics on Bank Street. Beautiful designer fabrics! Regards, Gaylene
Annette Wright said... (3/3/09 9:44 PM) Reply
Such lovely detailing. These pants look so great on you. Ashamed to add....I have this pattern, and haven't tried it yet.
katlew03 said... (3/3/09 9:32 PM) Reply
Very nicely done. Your pants look as great on the inside as on the outside. Terrific job.

Merchant & Mills Top 64