Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6778 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:Secretsugar

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

nglalala said... (3/5/09 3:44 PM) Reply
Your fabric is gorgeous!
amy in mpls said... (3/5/09 12:18 PM) Reply
freakin' gorgeous is right! Love this, love this. Im checking out that site now!!
Em's Summer said... (3/5/09 10:43 AM) Reply
The dress looks cute, but I totally understand your not liking shapeless clothes--they don't work on me. When I've made dresses that were too shapeless to work as a dress, I've shortened them to top length and it worked our perfectly.
KateS said... (3/5/09 3:13 AM) Reply
This is still a very pretty dress- despite the pattern issues. I love the fabric !
Secretsugar said... (3/4/09 9:55 PM) Reply
Thanks, Tez, for the recommendation. That is a cute one. Sorry to everyone that I accidentally saved this review again tonight while trying to turn my thumbnail not sideways! I can't push it back down again in the queue. I'm such a tech dork!
Tez said... (3/4/09 3:27 PM) Reply
I also think it's a cute dress. The ties give it a nice empire shape. For a smaller bust - you might like NL6699. I made the version with gathers over the bust and took it in at the centre front.
Byrdie said... (3/4/09 2:31 PM) Reply
I still think it's a cute dress. I can see where going down a size might have helped though.
marec said... (3/4/09 1:06 PM) Reply
It's really pretty...shapeless is not the adjective I'd use to describe this. Wear with pride.
EleanorSews said... (3/4/09 12:15 PM) Reply
Oh, how sad that you aren't so excited by this dress. When summer's heat is miserable, you have a pretty and loose dress for hanging around the house if you don't want to wear the dress out and about. Thanks for the review because it might help someone else avoid your situation.
FreyaStark said... (3/4/09 2:31 AM) Reply
Maybe the dress won't seem so bad when you've worn it a couple of times. The fabric is lovely - I've seen it on Fabric Tales and fancy it myself!
renren said... (3/3/09 11:09 PM) Reply
The fabric is very lovely, but I think the dress also looks quite nice.
katlew03 said... (3/3/09 11:05 PM) Reply
Sorry you had a bad experience. I think your dress looks fine. I see why you like the fabric, it is very pretty.
Understanding Interfacings