Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1659

Posted on:3/4/09 2:08 AM
Last Updated:3/4/09 2:11 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 30 people
AngelaDawn said... (3/1/10 7:25 PM) Reply
Very nice work! I'd love to make this pattern.
Elle D said... (5/9/09 10:34 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Ditto what everyone above has already said, and Christina Sonja is right: this has moved off my "maybe" list to "next Marfy splurge" list. Great collar, and thanks for pointing out how it is put together.
Bonnie O said... (5/3/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Fantastic dress! You look great in it.
Spring said... (3/30/09 12:29 PM) Reply
I've been wanting to try Marfy for a couple years now but the price and the lack of instructions have kept me away. This may be my first thanks to your review. Your dress looks great!
RLL said... (3/6/09 10:42 PM) Reply
How sassy. A real attention getter! You must be so proud and feel so good when wearing it.
kasizzle said... (3/6/09 5:11 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
rosannec said... (3/5/09 9:19 PM) Reply
Cindy this dress is wonderful! It's probably my favorite out of the Marfy shirt dress catalog. It looks very wearable and current!
Secretsugar said... (3/5/09 2:12 PM) Reply
What a knockout of a dress! Just perfect!
Christina Sonja said... (3/5/09 10:32 AM) Reply
Cindy, you rock this dress!! Fits you like a glove, and the denim and topstitching look so good. Interesting collar, I really though that was a notched collar, but now I see looking closely at the "model" photo that they overlap. Why that's not scary at all, especially now that I've seen your construction photos. I think you just sold a few more of these patterns for Marfy.
Modiste Madness said... (3/5/09 10:24 AM) Reply
What a cute dress. You did a great job on it.
Erica B. said... (3/5/09 10:00 AM) Reply
Cindy, that is gorgeous on you!
lmg said... (3/4/09 11:22 PM) Reply
CONGRATULATIONS on your first Marfy! What a great looking dress. And the fabric and top stitching is fabulous too.
Annette1 said... (3/4/09 11:02 PM) Reply
This is ADORABLE. You remind me of Penelope Cruz. :o) This is SUCH a cute pattern on you, just PERFECT. Your construction details are SUPERB. :o)
Sew tell me said... (3/4/09 6:54 PM) Reply
This dress is adorable and looks great on you. Good job.
marjenann said... (3/4/09 6:40 PM) Reply
That is the perfect dress for you! Beautiful!!
Meggie LuLu said... (3/4/09 5:37 PM) Reply
WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! Your dress looks AMAZING!! Your topstitching looks EXCELLENT!!
Fictionfan said... (3/4/09 5:15 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Marfy is addictive for the exact reason you mentioned you like this: great fit and perfect drafting. If only they would have sale prices... Now you can upgrade yourself to advanced!
Gold said... (3/4/09 5:08 PM) Reply
Cute denim dress!:)
jaeng said... (3/4/09 4:47 PM) Reply
It's the dress that you want to wear it everday. I love your choice of fabric and topstitching. Really stand out.
Kellie R. said... (3/4/09 3:13 PM) Reply
I love this dress! It is a great style on you and very nicely made! Great job!
Byrdie said... (3/4/09 2:25 PM) Reply
Adorable dress! Love it!
mylittleelephant said... (3/4/09 2:21 PM) Reply
The way you describe Marfy pattern makes me want to try it, great dress!
loohoo44 said... (3/4/09 2:18 PM) Reply
Cindy this is so adorable!!! I LOVE it!! And what a great style for you, I hope I get to see it in person one of these days!
CynthiaSue said... (3/4/09 1:56 PM) Reply
Deb Fox, This dress would be excellent in a black linen with thick white topstitching. I started with a lightweight black denim at first but didn't have enough fabric. Thanks for the support everyone.
michellep74 said... (3/4/09 1:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! You look like a fashion model in it!
sewbehind said... (3/4/09 1:28 PM) Reply
This dress looks pretty on dvmcindy! I keep thinking that you must be the best looking vet around. Oh, about the dress...fantastic. You look great! Thanks for the review.
nellc said... (3/4/09 1:28 PM) Reply
Really lovely dress, the neckline is so pretty.
Twinset said... (3/4/09 1:15 PM) Reply
Congrats on your first Marfy! This is a really pretty dress on a pretty girl, and the choice of fabric is excellent!
Judy Wentz said... (3/4/09 12:42 PM) Reply
This is really a neat looking dress. Nice job.
MelissaB in WA said... (3/4/09 12:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress Cindy!!!! Yay for conquering a Marfy, you're so ambitious!
pterion said... (3/4/09 12:01 PM) Reply
Stunning! Beautiful work on this dress. The shirtdress style has always been a favorite of mine and this looks fabulous on you.
Marita Kinnula said... (3/4/09 11:49 AM) Reply
Cindy, very,very beautiful:-)
Mahler said... (3/4/09 11:25 AM) Reply
Wonderful ! I like your signature on the message... this is too funny. My DH does not understand why I keep loving so much an activity that sometimes stresses me ;-) or makes me cry to. Back to your dress, I am impressed, you did such great work with it. Thank you for all the pictures on Picasa, they are so use full. I never have put my feet in water as you said, and I intend to do it with a much easier pattern, a skirt... I feel like a kid beside the great work you did with this dress. As for the buckle, topstitches, etc., no one will look at you on the street with a magnifying glass ;-) It look perfect to me. Wonderful work really. Ok I should stop repeating my self. I am so intimated by Marfy. I am certain you will have fun wearing it.
Sigrid. said... (3/4/09 11:11 AM) Reply
Wonderful result. It's a super dress and fits you perfect.
CynthiaSue said... (3/4/09 11:01 AM) Reply
Rebecca, actually in Picasa, if you click on the magnification button on the upper right, the photo gets large enough to see the ugly topstitching and buckle tab:)
Vintage Joan said... (3/4/09 10:58 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!! You look fabulous.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/4/09 10:50 AM) Reply
Cindy, I'm so impressed, not only with how wonderful the finished dress looks on you, but with your meticulous construction process (thank you for all those detail photos). You've done a particularly professional job on the collar/lapel, and it was fun to see the progression of your markings and bastings on your muslin. I think that you and Marfy are a perfect coupling, and you look absolutely gorgeous in your upscale jean shirtdress. Superb, Lily
yorkshire lass said... (3/4/09 10:26 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous. It looks wonderful on you. Congratulations on your first Marfy... one of many I am sure.
Stitch4aLiving said... (3/4/09 10:13 AM) Reply
Fabulous! I have this pattern and I really want to make it up in seersucker
Opals Passions said... (3/4/09 9:56 AM) Reply
This is a great dress and especially since its denim... I such a fan of denim... I could where it all the time.... You did a lovely job.
marec said... (3/4/09 9:24 AM) Reply
oohhh!! (speechless with shirtwaist envy!)
Amanda S. said... (3/4/09 8:52 AM) Reply
Well, you're absolutely right, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! This is one of their patterns that has called my name on several occasions. You did a beautiful job. I had thought the neckline might be too low but it looks perfect on you. So, since you aren't planning to make another one, what are you going to do with the pattern? :)
Deb Fox said... (3/4/09 8:38 AM) Reply
I am in awe of your finished garment! It reminds me of a dress I saw in the window of a Chanel boutique in West Palm Beach a few years ago. Just gorgeous. I have this pattern, and you have inspired me to get to work on it. The dress I saw in Chanel was in almost tissue weight black linen, and I think this pattern is the closest I've ever seen! Congratulations on a tremendous job.
SoMsGal said... (3/4/09 8:30 AM) Reply
Very informative review. Love the dress and the fit is great. Looks like a nice spring/summer dress.
Christas said... (3/4/09 8:28 AM) Reply
Very nice dress! I have always been curious about Marfy patterns. Great review!
doctorsirena said... (3/4/09 8:22 AM) Reply
Wow - beautiful dress with perfect fit! I love the style.
Heatherrique said... (3/4/09 8:20 AM) Reply
Mesmerizing dress on you, Cindy! Wonderful work on this!
Michelle L said... (3/4/09 8:16 AM) Reply
Your dress turned out wonderfully! So chic! And thank you for such a thorough review.
Re Becca said... (3/4/09 7:41 AM) Reply
Stunning! Everything, the fit, the construction. I would love to see close up of the buckle and the topstitching.
morzel said... (3/4/09 7:32 AM) Reply
What a great dress! It looks absolutley beautiful on you.
Lori V said... (3/4/09 7:09 AM) Reply
Great dress and it looks fantastic on you.
KateS said... (3/4/09 5:33 AM) Reply
Lovely - beautiful finish and that style really suits you !!
babsi1111 said... (3/4/09 3:59 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress! Your first Marfy pattern is a real winner. It is on my to-sew-list, too and I really like to see it made up.
petro said... (3/4/09 2:28 AM) Reply
Really great dress! Thanks for the photos of the pattern pieces, I love to see these. The neckline and high waist make this shirtdress special.

by: Jstarr4250