Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2532 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Shorts)

Reviewed by:willowsmum

About willowsmumstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 8/5/07
Posted on:3/5/09 3:29 PM
Last Updated:6/17/09 4:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 48 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
lsaspacey said... (6/27/13 12:20 PM) Reply
Wow, I wish you wrote ALL of the reviews on here! A love one with lots of helpful construction details. This was amazing, definitely something I will come back to as I make shorts from this pattern. With pants that fit that well, it's a given you sure know what you are doing. Now, I'm going to check out what else you've reviewed and your blog. Thank you.
margaran said... (7/25/11 6:06 PM) Reply
Thank you SO much for this wonderful review. I agree w/ others, it is a great tutorial! Maggie
Tailypo said... (11/13/10 2:13 AM) Reply
you are a pants genius! I am in awe.
Lexley said... (7/27/10 5:32 AM) Reply
One word... 'SUPERLATIVE'...I am about to make these and will follow your every word....I have purchased some very expensive fabric to make these but will do a muslin first according to your instructions...Thank you for sharing this ...
Lou05 said... (4/24/10 11:41 PM) Reply
Wow - this is another fantastic review, Sandra. Your comments are really helpful for those of us still striving for fit. I'm appreciative. And, your pants look fabulous. What a beautiful straight seam on the side and yours is one of the few that looks great from behind. Beautiful, professional-looking job!
webcollage said... (11/18/09 8:28 PM) Reply
Very helpful to see your adjustments to the pattern. I have "Easy Guide to Sewing Pants" and need a basic pants pattern. This looks good.
jaine said... (7/31/09 11:42 AM) Reply
Probably the most beautifully fitted trousers I have ever seen. Excellent explanation of alterations too.
MarthaH said... (6/17/09 9:35 PM) Reply
Wonderful, thanks for a really informative review!!
knitmachinequeen said... (6/17/09 6:29 PM) Reply
You are the pantsmiester!
Judy Wentz said... (6/17/09 5:44 PM) Reply
Great work!!! jw
sewtime said... (6/17/09 5:41 PM) Reply
All I can say is WOW!!!!
khunter said... (6/17/09 5:27 PM) Reply
Your review should be a text book on pant fitting. Yours fit better than I have ever seen. Great work!
Miranda said... (4/3/09 4:32 PM) Reply
Fantastic trousers - perfect fit, perfect sewing.
marciae said... (4/3/09 9:01 AM) Reply
great review - wonderful fitting slacks!
MissMasala5 said... (3/8/09 9:52 AM) Reply
What a beautiful pair of trousers! And I must say, your review was outstanding and extremely helpful. Thank you so much!
Kay Y said... (3/8/09 9:49 AM) Reply
I have to agree with the others - the fit and workmanship are amazing!
woggy said... (3/8/09 5:25 AM) Reply
Thank you for this wonderful review and information regarding your alterations. Absolutely beautifully fitting pants.
knitlitcamper said... (3/8/09 3:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for a fantastic review. The info you have provided w/pictures are very helpful and the pants look smashing!
Annette1 said... (3/8/09 0:20 AM) Reply
It's me again. I'm just back to bookmark this FABULOUS review! :o)
Barbara J said... (3/7/09 6:48 PM) Reply
willowsmum, thank you for generously answering my questions and your excellent review and photos, much appreciated. barb
Meggie LuLu said... (3/7/09 5:26 PM) Reply
Your pants fit you very well!! They look GREAT on you!!
JanJanB said... (3/7/09 4:27 PM) Reply
WOW! You did an amazing job. Thanks for the great review. I am definitely going to have to try these. I think they are perfect on you. I love the welt pocket.
nellc said... (3/7/09 4:22 PM) Reply
Really nice trousers, they fit you so well and the welt pocket is beautifully done.
Markie1 said... (3/7/09 2:38 PM) Reply
Oh my oh my oh my...This review was a tutorial in itself. Thank you for sharing your process--it was so helpful and I WILL refer to it when I finally take the Trouser Plunge. Yours came out beautifully--the pictures were so helpful. I would have LOVED to see pictures of the crotch-fitting gyrations! ;-)
lilyofthevalley said... (3/7/09 1:40 PM) Reply
Sandra, as Carolyn says, your tweaking days are over. Absolute perfection in every way, and your construction is so professional. Your review is well written, and very generous in its fitting and construction details. Love all the photos, too. Lovely, Lily
Barbara J said... (3/7/09 8:33 AM) Reply
willowsmum, thank you for replying, your infomation is really very helpful. Just one more question, sorry, does the weight slide freely along the tape automatically finding centre crotch, or is it fixed.? barbaraj
Annette1 said... (3/6/09 11:38 PM) Reply
What a BEAUTIFUL pair of pants, not only in FIT but in WORKMANSHIP, too. They're PERFECT!
sewbehind said... (3/6/09 11:34 PM) Reply
These pants are impressive. Superb fit and construction details. Thanks for a very helpful review.
katie lynne said... (3/6/09 6:54 PM) Reply
Superb Fit! And what a comprehensive review. Thank you for sharing all of your tips and efforts. I've learned so much from this review, including self-confidence.
woggy said... (3/6/09 5:26 PM) Reply
Unbelievable fitting pants! Any chance you can show a picture of your tummy alteration? Would love to see what you did. Truly these pants are gorgeous! I am envious.
Cody7 said... (3/6/09 4:43 PM) Reply
I agree with everyone else. I don't think you could improve on these pants whatever you do. They are just so good. Your welt pocket is perfect. Fantastic job.
Catbird said... (3/6/09 4:35 PM) Reply
These couldn't be more perfect. The fit is spectacular and they look SO GOOD on you! Congratulations and thank you for filling your review with so much helpful detail.
willowsmum said... (3/6/09 4:05 PM) Reply
Thank you ladies for all your wonderful comments......I am overwhelmed.
Epona said... (3/6/09 3:22 PM) Reply
Wow, perfect!
Rhoda K said... (3/6/09 3:12 PM) Reply
Wow - a great job and so professional.
Obrooks770 said... (3/6/09 12:52 PM) Reply
You did a great job! I think you've got the fit mastered on these pants. These are beautiful pants!
Luckylibbet said... (3/6/09 12:50 PM) Reply
WOW - amazing pants! Thanks for all the helpful information you've so generously packed into this review.
Vintage Joan said... (3/6/09 12:49 PM) Reply
These are beautiful pants, and this is a FABULOUS, extremely helpful review! Thanks!! :)
Elona said... (3/6/09 11:48 AM) Reply
These are knockout pants! You got an absolutely perfect drape fore and aft--which is extremely difficult to do without being in a class. In fact, you should be TEACHING a class in pants fitting and construction.
Bobolots said... (3/6/09 11:43 AM) Reply
those are amazing and they look great on you!!!
Nancy K said... (3/6/09 11:28 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, perfectly fit pants! Nice details too.
katib said... (3/6/09 10:44 AM) Reply
those are great looking pants!
Mahler said... (3/6/09 10:14 AM) Reply
The fit in my opinion is excellent. I love the back with the welt pocket touch. Beautiful, very classical look. Those pants fall like a charm. Congratulations !
JanieBee said... (3/6/09 9:32 AM) Reply
Thank you for a wonderful review. Your trousers look terrific!
Re Becca said... (3/6/09 9:18 AM) Reply
Nice pants!
wendlesue said... (3/6/09 9:14 AM) Reply
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the information in your review! I am really excited to try the things you have suggested. BE-UTIFUL pair of trousers!
craftygamma said... (3/6/09 7:46 AM) Reply
Wow! Great job on those pants. I gave up trying to make pants years ago, so I envy someone who has mastered pants.
CarolynGM said... (3/6/09 7:17 AM) Reply
I think you can stop tweaking now. These are perfect.
inkstain said... (3/6/09 6:58 AM) Reply
I've rarely seen a sharper pair of pants come off a home sewing machine. Correction: I've never seen a sharper pair.
Barbara J said... (3/6/09 6:44 AM) Reply
Willowsmum, your pants fit perfectly, they are faultless. Please can you describe the pants crotch curve, and any fitting problems/alterations you may have done. Contratulations!
Flying Seamstress said... (3/6/09 5:40 AM) Reply
Ditto what VeryPrairie said...tweaking the fit? These pants are AMAZING!!!
persevering said... (3/6/09 1:04 AM) Reply
Wow! I am so impressed with the fit of your pants.
Puppy said... (3/5/09 11:33 PM) Reply
Those are an outstanding pair of pants. They blow me away. A fantastic sewing accomplishment and I don't think the legs are too wide.
farqs said... (3/5/09 11:00 PM) Reply
Your pants are absolutely flawless! I have never seen such good fitting pants....ever. Even on size 2 models. Please show us more of your garments.
Second Avenue said... (3/5/09 10:07 PM) Reply
Hello Willowsmum, I have never seen a pair of 'homemade' pants look so professional. Brilliant work! Regards, Gaylene
Annette Wright said... (3/5/09 7:21 PM) Reply
OMG, not a single butt wrinkle...I'm so impressed. They look lovely. I plan on reading this review very closely. Thanks.
Moxie said... (3/5/09 6:15 PM) Reply
WOW! Excellent fit. I dream about the day I sew a pair of pants where the fit looks as good as yours.
DaisyEsq said... (3/5/09 5:34 PM) Reply
Your trousers fit you beautifully. Well done!
VeryPrairie said... (3/5/09 5:31 PM) Reply
Still learning to fit? You have mastered fit! Your pants look spectacular.
FurGal said... (3/5/09 5:27 PM) Reply
You did a professional job and they look great on you.
halleyscomet said... (3/5/09 5:13 PM) Reply
I think these trousers look amazing! You did a magnificent, professional looking welt. I wish mine looked that good! The fit is amazing too!

Sew Sweet Elizabeth Pleated Dress