Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8339 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Markie1

About Markie1starstarstar
Member since: 11/4/06
Posted on:3/6/09 1:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 40 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Elle D said... (3/7/09 9:47 PM) Reply
Markie, I for one really appreciated all of the questions that you asked in class, especially the week that I was on vacation and could only participate vicariously. Kudos again on your most excellent jacket and, in particular, those welt pockets. I'm glad they won the audition process and I commend you for putting so much thought into the design. This is definitely your jacket. (Great sleeve vents, too.)
Kellie R. said... (3/7/09 5:05 PM) Reply
Very sharp looking jacket. Beautiful workmanship and great style.
Karine said... (3/7/09 3:40 PM) Reply
You are the queen of stripes! Great job! Your jacket is so professionally done - can't wait to see the picture with skirt on you!
carolynw said... (3/7/09 9:38 AM) Reply
A real beauty - your terrfic work makes this look so high end couture - good going
Sharon1952 said... (3/7/09 8:07 AM) Reply
How absolutely adorable! It (for some unknown reason) makes me think of 1960s Carnaby St. fashions!
Woolygal said... (3/7/09 6:36 AM) Reply
Your jacket is perfect.
Peggy L said... (3/7/09 0:31 AM) Reply
Great jacket and review! I love your enthusiasm.
Luckylibbet said... (3/6/09 11:36 PM) Reply
Give the teacher an apple, because you were obviously a star student! What a great jacket! And so nice to have all the information at your fingertips.
sewbehind said... (3/6/09 11:28 PM) Reply
That is beautiful, Markie. Well done.
CynthiaSue said... (3/6/09 11:12 PM) Reply
I saw those welt pockets from a mile away girl and they are perfection! I would kill for you fashion eye. everytime you make something, i'm like, "why didn't i think of that??" Fantastic review. Fantastic jacket!
ALFALFA said... (3/6/09 10:43 PM) Reply
i love that jacket--fantastic colours and design. lynne
cindy-lou said... (3/6/09 9:57 PM) Reply
Markie, I am in LOVE with your jacket! You are my "Just Do It" welt pocket HERO. You're also my sleeve vent hero and my twill tape hero. I'm tellin' ya... you're GOOD, girl! And... LOVE your PR class binder-- GREAT idea!
Meggie LuLu said... (3/6/09 8:28 PM) Reply
CUTE jacket!! Your stripes line up PERFECTLY!!! This jacket looks AWESOME!!
Elke said... (3/6/09 7:04 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket...you did a fabulous job!
AnitaJ said... (3/6/09 5:21 PM) Reply
Very sharp looking jacket! Love your bias side panels and welt pockets! Glad to hear about your wonderful experience in Shannon's on-line class too. :)
Christas said... (3/6/09 5:00 PM) Reply
Fantastic jacket!
Birgitte said... (3/6/09 4:24 PM) Reply
Wow- just PERFECT! You did an outstanding job on this jacket, Markie! The slanted stripes and welt pockets are to die for, you should be extremely happy- and PROUD!
Heatherrique said... (3/6/09 3:56 PM) Reply
Very impressively and mesmerizingly gorgeous jacket, Markie! Superb use of stripes and you did such a fine job on matching! I am looking forward to see you in your new jacket!
AnneMarie60 said... (3/6/09 3:37 PM) Reply
Have you ever heard a song that was so inspiring that you developed "chill bumps" while you listened? The photo of your gorgeous jacket affected me this way! The welt pockets are a perfect choice and are perfectly done. I love the fabric choice and the stunning layout of the stripes. Excellent review!
Rhoda K said... (3/6/09 3:18 PM) Reply
A beautiful jacket and very thorough review - thanks!
Mahler said... (3/6/09 1:33 PM) Reply
What a fantastic review. I could feel your enthusiasm for your jacket, the online class, everything. The final result is well worth your happiness. Good work ! You are very inspiring.
FurGal said... (3/6/09 1:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, you did a wonderful job!
EleanorSews said... (3/6/09 1:21 PM) Reply
Stunning... Love the side pieces ~ adds nice interest. This is a superb winner on all fronts.
Karen6790 said... (3/6/09 1:16 PM) Reply
Wow. I always liked your jackets before, but this blows them all out of the water. I love the stripes. I love the way you worked with the stripes. I LOVE that you took advantage of having someone to walk you through your first welt pockets - looks like you've been doing them forever. Don't wait on the picture - we want to see you in it now!
michellep74 said... (3/6/09 12:57 PM) Reply
I love your jacket! You matched the stripes beautifully, and the bias effect looks fabulous!
Christina Sonja said... (3/6/09 12:53 PM) Reply
You have just convinced me that I need to take Shannon's class. This is one sharp blazer! The welt pockets were a great choice. I can't wait to see the rest of the outfit.
amy in mpls said... (3/6/09 12:16 PM) Reply
Wow, great looking jacket and super review, Shannon positively should give you a gold star! (Or 2)
sewtime said... (3/6/09 11:59 AM) Reply
Every one has said it already,WOW, fantastic jacket!!
Nancy K said... (3/6/09 11:57 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket. It sounds like a great on line class.
Elona said... (3/6/09 11:44 AM) Reply
Spectacular jacket (love the side mitering) with a very sharp look, and the beige, self-drafted lining is too cool!
Sew Shy said... (3/6/09 11:09 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket. Thanks for the great review.
Byrdie said... (3/6/09 10:29 AM) Reply
That is a great looking jacket. Almost nautical looking which is always in style it seems.
cindyann said... (3/6/09 9:45 AM) Reply
Great jacket and great review. The welt pockets were the perfect choice. I'm reallylooking forward to your updated picture.
Kay Y said... (3/6/09 9:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review - it is wonderful that the online classes are so successful! Your jacket really looks great but I do have a suggestion, prompted by your "meh" comment re the back. You cannot match vertical stripes perfectly on a curved CB seam, as you found out. Your choices are to match at the bottom, which you did brilliantly, or at the top of the seam. If you try the top, you can match the stripes at the collar.
Re Becca said... (3/6/09 7:46 AM) Reply
Fabulous! Love the pockets! You are so good.
Lori V said... (3/6/09 7:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, you did an amazing job. I am going to take this class, thanks for all the information. I took Shannon's shirtmaking class a few years ago and she is a great teacher.
nancy2001 said... (3/6/09 7:36 AM) Reply
Wow. It looks like you aced this class.
MissCelie said... (3/6/09 7:36 AM) Reply
When the photo came up I thought, "What? She's tailoring jackets now?!" It's pretty awesome. Harder or easier the stripes are terrific!
CarolynGM said... (3/6/09 7:24 AM) Reply
I took this class too and just adored it. Shannon's welt pocket technique is the best ever! Looking forward to seeing more jackets from you.
Nancy Rhodes said... (3/6/09 7:00 AM) Reply
WOW Your jacket just looks impeccable Like you have been tailoring since age 9... You have convinced me to do a PR class. Loved your Hi Girlfriends comment. Must be great to have support and comrades-in-pins as you work on a project. Fabulous results BRAVO to you!
Camerio said... (3/6/09 5:55 AM) Reply
Stunning jacket and certainly I will put this class on my list of must do.
Flying Seamstress said... (3/6/09 5:34 AM) Reply
What a striking jacket! Great workmanship and review!

Jalie 2456