Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2903 (JR. Trend)

Reviewed by:Meggie LuLu

See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Junior
CynthiaSue said... (3/12/10 0:35 AM) Reply
all lovely and chic!
Karendee said... (3/11/10 3:14 PM) Reply
Another darling rendition of this favorite pattern--thanks. As usual, you did such a good job and the top looks so cute on you!
Annette1 said... (3/11/10 3:08 PM) Reply
This is just as cute as it can be, and I LOVE the way the back straps are. :o) BRAV-ISIMO!
carolynw said... (3/11/10 7:53 AM) Reply
Looks wonderful onyou - I like all three versions - great save on "the nightgown"
Lori V said... (3/10/10 10:59 PM) Reply
Great tops.
renren said... (3/10/10 10:08 PM) Reply
So glad you could drop by for awhile and grace us with your presence . . . and with another lovely top!
Rhoda K said... (3/10/10 8:00 PM) Reply
I can only "ditto" all that's been said - glad to see a "youngster" in our sewing world. ;-) Always look forward to your reviews.
Kellie R. said... (3/10/10 7:56 PM) Reply
Lovely! It turned out fabulous in the end!
kim*brown said... (3/10/10 7:46 PM) Reply
You are really growing up fast. Very cute!
Barbara V said... (3/10/10 6:41 PM) Reply
What great tops on you! Oh what a sewing adventure you had with the sizing and alterations. The outcome is fantastic and I must say your skin tone is gorgeous and healthy looking just as it is especially with the colors you wear!
Karendee said... (3/7/09 2:45 PM) Reply
MeggieLULU, You just never stop making these adorable tops. I think you'll really enjoy this one when it's warmer outside and everyone is in summer clothes. Anyway, it's adorable and looks so good on you, as always! Did you get a haircut? I know it's pulled back, but your hair looks a little shorter.Cute hairstyle.
Mahler said... (3/7/09 2:08 PM) Reply
This is so nice on you ! Woaw! that was a nice Rescue 911 operation. As for the tan, just think that you are Japanese. They don't tan. They like white skin women... I speak of experience ;-) Take care of your skin... Anyway, your top is great, I am certain that the other view in the right size would look great on you.
Heidi Ho said... (3/7/09 9:06 AM) Reply
Tha top looks adorable and I loved your review. I guess we can all relate to that feeling when something we envisioned doesn't pan out the way we planned. I have to hand it to you for rescuing that"NIGHTGOWN NIGHTMARE" and turning it into a great little top. I probably just would have given up and worn it to bed. (Be careful in the sun, please use a lot of sunscreen!!!)
Judy Kski said... (3/7/09 9:06 AM) Reply
Thanks for another great review. I love to check out the tips you add to your write-ups. They're always so helpful. You look wonderful in your top.
Peggy L said... (3/7/09 8:51 AM) Reply
Great save! This top looks really cute on you.
Catbird said... (3/7/09 8:30 AM) Reply
Wow . . . good save to take your "old cheap NIGHTGOWN" and turn it into this adorable top! You're so funny. I was thinking that you might be able to use the lower band of either View A (as jbsew said) or View D with the cute top portion of View C and you'd have something with those great sleeves that you like. And I second Heatherrique's idea about getting you on the cover of Seventeen! Except I wouldn't want to see you lose your sweet nature in the world of modeling!
Sharon1952 said... (3/7/09 8:11 AM) Reply
I love to read your reviews! I want to know when you have time to go to school with all the sewing you do!
jbsew said... (3/7/09 7:59 AM) Reply
jbsew said... (3/7/09 7:58 AM) Reply
Cute top. Here's an idea for your pattern. I had a student take view C for the top added View A's lower band and then belted the tunic with a wide black belt. Her fabric was a matte jersey with a bold flowing circular colored stripes and she accented the neckband with black trim. That made it look really cute and no longer like a nightgown. We also modified the back neckline band and ran 1/4" elastic through it to pull it in tighter in the back and move the shoulder straps closer to keep them from slipping off.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (3/7/09 5:57 AM) Reply
First of all....you look fabulous...as always! Second....your sewing skills astound me! Third....that fabric looks familiar ;)
Pamaro said... (3/6/09 10:59 PM) Reply
Your nightmare turned into a cute top. I applaud you for repurposing the original "nightgown" into something that really works for you. I would have given up after the nightgown experience.
Nana39 said... (3/6/09 10:25 PM) Reply
cute top, it dosen't look like a nightgown now lol; you're not that white
Annette1 said... (3/6/09 10:24 PM) Reply
Well, I'd say the NIGHTMARE turned into a DREAM, because this top looks GREAT. Now WHIP UP ANOTHER NIGHTMARE, because WE ALL WANT TO SEE! (Actually, you could probably make a smaller size of the view with sleeves sometime, and I bet it'd be perfect too.) :o)
Heatherrique said... (3/6/09 9:30 PM) Reply
Such an adorably chic top, Meggie LuLu! I (and certainly the entire PR community) nominate you to be on the cover of SEVENTEEN! Your natural inner and outer beauty is so refreshing!
Amanda S. said... (3/6/09 8:48 PM) Reply
How cute! I'm planning to make this for summer, so am glad to know about the sizing issues. I'm right there with you with being super white. :)
CynthiaSue said... (3/6/09 8:34 PM) Reply
That is an excellent style for you. I adore the wide waistband! I have the pattern and you've inspired me to take it out again!
Markie1 said... (3/6/09 8:12 PM) Reply
Meggie LuLu- I really WANT TO SEE THAT NIGHTGOWN!!!! You are so funny--sometimes things just turn out hideous, don't they? But not this top, you look adorable as ever. You are the most prolific sewer I have ever seen. Keep it up!

Sewing Workshop Zona Jacket Pattern