Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5574

About angie.astarstar
Member since: 1/18/03
Posted on:3/8/09 3:05 PM
Last Updated:3/8/09 3:07 PM
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

canyonlady67 said... (4/12/10 11:27 PM) Reply
I'm looking for a pattern to make a dress for my 11 yo daughter to wear at my wedding. She chose a deep mauve/eggplant heavyweight china silk and a very pretty black lace with a scalloped edge for overlay. (It's another story how I ended up purchasing fabric before purchasing the pattern! ugh) I was thinking of making view D of this pattern with silk for the top and lace over silk for the skirt with a matching contrast midriff. After making this pattern, do you think it would work well as a more formal dress? I'd love to hear your opinion on it. Thanks!
Annette1 said... (3/12/09 3:15 AM) Reply
VERY cute little dress, and so nicely LINED, too! LUCKY DAUGHTER! You know, I never thought about that, but you're right: They DON'T seem to mention the pressing steps in a lot of instructions anymore.
Dmd4106 said... (3/8/09 6:45 PM) Reply
Your dd looks so cute! Nice job with the sundress! This is next on my list for my 11 yod. Thank you for posting the pattern descrepancies and tips on how to fix.
Christas said... (3/8/09 6:29 PM) Reply
This is SO cute ..... absolutely adorable!
Gecko said... (3/8/09 5:20 PM) Reply
This is absolutely adorable. The more I look at it, the more I want to make one myself!
CarolynGM said... (3/8/09 3:40 PM) Reply
This is a darling dress. I'm sure your daughter will be wanting another one or two or three.
All About Linings