Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2009-4 (Square Tunic and Dress)

Reviewed by:lmg

About lmgstarstar
NA CANADA
Member since: 1/5/05
Posted on:3/8/09 11:45 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Annette1 said... (3/11/09 2:10 PM) Reply
I'm so glad to see this one made up. I LOVE that neckline, and now I know that it looks EVEN BETTER up close and personal! :o)
MelissaB in WA said... (3/10/09 12:42 PM) Reply
Both versions are fantastic! I love the square neckline a lot.
Mahler said... (3/9/09 10:33 PM) Reply
What a lucky DD. I want one !!!!!! This is a super top. I realy love it. You DD is so pretty.
LindsayT said... (3/9/09 4:15 PM) Reply
Perfect for travel! This is very chic but youthful. Well done!
Izzie said... (3/9/09 1:18 PM) Reply
You are so fast! The top is perfect and your DD looks beautiful in it. I hope she has a good time on her trip, she already looks like she belongs in Europe!
Catbird said... (3/9/09 11:06 AM) Reply
Wow -- what a great top! Your fabric choices are SO much better than the magazine, and why in the world did they pair it with that bulky skirt? Very bizarre. Your daughter looks fantastic and will go to Europe in high style!
AnneMarie60 said... (3/9/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Gorgeous tops and daughter! Great fabric choices. You make the construction sound simple with your explanation. Excellent review.
Karen6790 said... (3/9/09 9:29 AM) Reply
I definitely like yours better than the magazine version - the drapiness of your fabric is a big improvement, too. Great result, I'm sure your daughter is thrilled. I know I would be. Thanks for the detailed review, I'm planning on doing the dress version in a solid color eventually.
JEF said... (3/9/09 9:24 AM) Reply
This is really nice looking - congrats on some great tops.
daff said... (3/9/09 8:18 AM) Reply
Great job, and it looks so cute on your daughter!
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (3/9/09 5:35 AM) Reply
WOW....this looks fabulous! I didn't care for it in the magazine....but yours is so much better!
morzel said... (3/9/09 3:01 AM) Reply
What a great pattern for your daughter! I like the second one so well, I think it's nicer than the magazine picture. And there are no jeans allowed on this trip??!! Well, probably because we Europeans always dress in suit pants and stylish clothes... ;) How good of you to use an European pattern!
LoriU said... (3/9/09 1:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful job sewing - your daughter looks great in both tops (oh to look that good in horizontal stripes! ;)
sewtime said... (3/9/09 1:05 AM) Reply
Cute-cute both tops! Your daughter looks just darling in them!
Caitycat said... (3/9/09 0:36 AM) Reply
Looks great, and thanks for those watchpoints - I can't wait to get a suitable knit and try this one!
Christas said... (3/9/09 0:17 AM) Reply
Wow! You are fast! This issue got to my mailbox last Thursday! I didn't like this garment in the magazine at all, but your review has caused me to look at it in an entirely different light. It really is CUTE! Both tops look so great on your daughter. My oldest son is also going to Europe for the month of May. He would probably be so happy if I would sew him a few things for his trip.
Peggy L said... (3/8/09 11:51 PM) Reply
These are both darling on her!

Other Bronte Knit Top