Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2009-6 (Nursing top)

Reviewed by:Judy Williment

About Judy Willimentstarstarstar
Posted on:3/10/09 3:03 AM
Last Updated:3/10/09 5:24 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Katharine in BXL said... (12/19/09 8:03 AM) Reply
Thanks Judy for reviewing! Hurrah for breastfeeding too.
Imaan said... (4/18/09 6:52 PM) Reply
How easy is this top (or the Jalie nursing top) to make for a new beginner? I have done a couple of classes at Spotlight, but nothing more fancy or complicated, and am expecting my 3rd child in June...I breastfed my other 2 kids for 24 months and 16 months respectively, so I anticipate a need for nursing tops!
Judy Williment said... (3/11/09 6:35 AM) Reply
Eve, CONGRATULATIONS! My twins are nine months old, and I can honestly say that having twins is great! Breastfeeding them requires a lot of time (I never got good at feeding them together, so it was one after the other, after the other and so on ALL DAY for months), but it's so worth it - they're very easy to take out when all you need is on tap. Best of luck for the rest of your pregnancy, delivery and new life! Jalie 2787 is a brilliant nursing top too.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (3/10/09 11:13 PM) Reply
What a great design - so practical for feeding bubs but still looks great the rest of the time!
Vonnevo said... (3/10/09 7:18 PM) Reply
Your top is very stylish and versatile too. Lookin' great Judy !!!
poplin said... (3/10/09 5:51 PM) Reply
Thank you for such a detailed review! I'll trace my pattern ASAP.
EveS said... (3/10/09 5:30 PM) Reply
Well, aren't you just putting the most timely reviews out there! I 26+ wks in w/ twins and plan to BF, so this looks fabulous! Thanks for adding pics of how it works...I was curious. I think I might have to invest in this issue. Oh, and you look GREAT, mamma! :)
tr1c14 said... (3/10/09 12:38 PM) Reply
Wow, my Ottobre just came today and you've already made something! I have a friend who is currently nursing and this looks like something she would really enjoy.
MelissaB in WA said... (3/10/09 12:37 PM) Reply
Wonderful top! It sounds like it fits the bill for you perfectlly. Nursing one baby can be a lot of work, but I imagine nursing two is more than double the work - you're so awesome!!!!
Speech girl said... (3/10/09 12:27 PM) Reply
Lovely. I wish I'd had this pattern when I was nursing my babies. Still may sew it up, as I think it's very cute. Thanks for the review.
TanyaMT said... (3/10/09 11:30 AM) Reply
It looks wonderful on you. Thanks for the good review of this one.
TalyQ said... (3/10/09 7:34 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, even though I just stopped nursing my youngest, I might try the top anyway =). Maybe I will just make the nursing panel into a regular modesty panel =).
ddzigns said... (3/10/09 4:40 AM) Reply
Love the top and have been waiting for a review for my daughter. Can you explain how the nursing access works, I can't quite work it out.
Sew4Fun said... (3/10/09 4:30 AM) Reply
Great top! It certainly sounds like a winner.

Pattern Work